Letter to my lover

Hc: when you were in highschool you started writing letters to your future husband despite not knowing him yet. Your plan to give them to your husband on their wedding day.

All these years, a whole binder full of letters dating back to your days as a 14 year old. They'd finally be read by the recipient.

That morning you'd gotten up early to go to your fiends house, the maid of honour. To get ready, into your dress and make a dramatic entrance. Before you left thought, you placed the binder next to the sleeping body of your husband to be. None other than L, the worlds greatest detective. How you managed to score him was a long story, but you were so glad you did.

When he woke up to find you already gone to get ready for the big day, and a binder in your place with a note taped to the cover, he couldn't help but wonder what crazy plan you had now.

Sitting up and rubbing his eyes to clear his vision, he took the note on top.

Today is the day sweetheart. I can't wait to be your wife. But I have something for you. When I was 14 I started to write letters to my future husband. Every single one is in this folder, there's lots so I don't expect you to read them all before the wedding. But you should take a look at the first, last and the date of the day we solved our first case.

I love you, I'm sure you'll look amazing in that suit you keep complaining about.

(Y/n)

All these years you'd kept this from him? Just to surprise him? How you managed to hide it for this long was beyond him. He always knew everything about everyone but it seems you've outsmarted him this time. He opened to the first page, finding a slightly worn letter written in glitter pens, dated to your high school days.

Dear future husband,

Hello! You'll already know my name by the time we get married so I won't introduce myself. My plan is to write one of these whenever I feel lonely and then when we get married I'll give them all to you. I don't know who you are yet, but hopefully you're smart, cute and funny! I'm currently in grade 8 and one of my friends said she saw this in a movie, and it was so cute I decided to do it to. I hope I don't forget like to do everything else. I can't wait to meet you and fall in love with you.

Your future wife, (y/n)

It was amusing to see the words of 14 year old you in that sparkly gold ink, page covered in stickers. Just as childish as you described yourself at that age. He smiled, already loving the idea of these letters. He flipped to the date you suggested reading. The day you solved your first case together almost 7 years after the first letter.

Dear future husband,

I think I'll be able to stop saying that at the start if every letter now. Because after 7 years I think I know your name. I never expected us to meet on a murder case of all places, but the world is wild like that sometimes. You're such an interesting person, the second you spoke I knew I'd fall for you. And look at that, 4 months later and I have. But it's crazy, because I KNOW you're the one. I did the moment I saw you. I know we aren't together yet, the case kept getting in the way, and I can tell you need time time to reel from such a harsh case to refresh. Then I'll tell you how I feel. But mark my words my love, we'll be wed one day, I can tell.

So I guess it's no more dear future unknown husband, and hello L.

I can't wait to marry you, love (y/n).

He took a moment to let that sink in. You knew you'd end up married after only 4 months of knowing him? You were that sure of it. Of course you were right otherwise he wouldn't be reading these letters. But it was crazy that you knew that early. If he didn't believe in live at first sight already, he would now. He believed the moment he laid eyes on you all those years ago. Finally, he flipped to the last page where a freshly written letter was dated to last night.

Dear my darling L Lawliet, my future husband.

Tomorrow is the day darling, I'm so exited. I can hardly believe you'll finally know about all these letters soon. Bet you didn't see this coming huh? The worlds greatest detective outsmarted by a mere private investigator. This will be my last letter, the file will be complete. It's crazy to think it's been 10 years since I started them. 10 whole years worth of letters, you'll definitely need some time to read them after the wedding. The future is ours now, who knows what will happen. Maybe bigger and crazier cases, maybe a new house, maybe even kids one day. I fell kind of sad knowing this will be the last letter but overjoyed that you'll finally be able to read them all, and that I'll be yours forever in less than 24 hours. Maybe we could make a new letter system, like writing to each other and only being able to read them on our 50th anniversary or something? Maybe we can pass this tradition down to your kids if we have any? I want to to live on. But for now, the letters come to an end and our married life starts.

I can't wait for tomorrow, I love you more than words can describe. Thank you for everything you've done and everything you will do sweetheart.

Love, your future wife, (y/n).

He hadn't noticed while we was reading, but his eyes got teary, something that was hard to do for him. He knew that the second he saw you enter the room at the end of the isle the lettered would just come back and he'd break down. But it was his wedding day, he was getting married. He was allowed to cry today.

Hearing the door open, he looked up, wiping his eyes on his sleeve.

"L, come on you need to get ready" Watari said.

"I know"

"What's that?"

"Letters from (y/n)... she starting writing letters to her future husband when she was 14 and planned to give them all to him on her wedding day... and... they're all for me now..."

A/n: I'm such a fucking crackhead L stan I made a cardboard cutout of him that's taller than me

He just chills in my room now.