19

Hey. Just wanted to give a TRIGGER WARNING before the start of the chapter. It does mention ab*se, dr*gs, sexual assault for the majority of this chapter. If you are not comfortable with reading that please skip to the end where I will give a brief summary hopefully without any triggers. Stay safe -Eve

Wells smiles at me as he leads me to the elevator. I weakly smile back. "Thank you." Wells whispers to me as the elevator starts going down to the ground.

I sigh and nod at him. Wells grabs my hand and squeeze. I have to look away to prevent him from seeing the tears forming in my eyes. Looking away means looking at Mattia and Mattia is already looking at me. Mattia reaches down and grabs my hand and mouths, "It's okay. You've got this." to me.

The elevator dings and Wells leaves the elevator with the both of us behind him. "Wells where are we going?"

"Just a second." Wells takes us to the lobby where I see a girl sitting away from us. Her back is straight as if she's expecting someone.

Fuck.

She's expecting me.

"Mom." Wells calls out to her.

The lady turns around.

Her eyes light up when she sees us and she hurries over to where we are. "Oh!" she exclaims. "Both of my babies." She walks towards me as if to hug me but I step back away from her. She looks hurt. "Skyler thank you so much for-"

"Skye." I interject. "No one calls me Skyler. But of course you wouldn't know that." I whisper the last part to myself.

Our mom clears her throat, "Yes, right. Well, um. I...You look beautiful," I look up at her and she smiles. It falters when she realizes that I'm not smiling back. "Um...let's sit yes?"

All four of us sit down next to each other. Wells and our mom on a couch and Mattia and I on the one facing towards them.

"I'm sorry young man, I didn't seem to get your name." My mom motions towards Mattia.

"Mattia. I'm Mattia. And you?" Mattia has a certain harshness to his voice and I can tell he does not want to be near this woman.

God I wouldn't blame him.

"Brie. They're mother."

I scoff, "Hardly."

"What was that Skyle- Skye." Brie looks at me as if asking me, daring me, to continue.

"I said hardly. You are hardly our mother."

"I-I'm sorry Skye. I know I haven't necessarily been there for you and Wells but I'm here to change that. I want a relationship with you guys again. I...I want to be your mom. I want for all of us to be a family and happy again." Brie explains.

I really wanted to smother her with the pillow that was next to me.

"No."

This time it's Wells and Mattia who speak up. "What?" they both say.

I look at Wells and I can see the hurt and confusion on his face, "Look I'm sorry Wells. I know you really want us to be a 'family' again but that can't happen."

"I...I don't, I don't understand." Brie cries.

I know this about to get bad.

"Last time we were a family you were high on almost every drug in the book. You let that son of a bitch beat the shit out of us every fucking day. Do you know what that fucking does to a kid?! We were kids mom, kids! Do you know what it's like coming home from school every day to have you high off your ass in the living room while our 'father' was entertaining his drug dealer friends?" My voice starts to get louder and louder.

"I-" Brie starts.

"How about your dad letting his friends touch you? Cause Wells and I both were basically sold off. Did you know he let them alone in a room with us for an hour for twenty bucks? Huh? That's why I don't want to be a family again!" My voice broke.

One of the workers walked towards us, "Hey I don't know what's going on over here but if you continue to yell I'm gonna have ask your guys to leave."

I look at the worker with tears pouring down my face and I stand up, "It's all right. I was just leaving," I turn towards Brie, "So fuck you. I don't want to be in your family. And I sure as hell will try and make sure Wells will never be a part of it either. So fuck off. I don't need my dead beat mom back in my life." And then I stormed out of the building.

I collapsed onto the ground as soon as I reached grass. I was hyperventilating and my tears were blurring my vision.

I felt someone pull my crying body off of the ground and into their arms.

They rubbed my head and shushed me, telling me everything was ok.

But nothing was ok. 

A/n

Summary: Skye met her mom and told her she didn't want a relationship with her. Or any contact with her.

Anyways. Sorry for kinda a sad chapter. I was in a sad mood while writing it.

I hope you're all staying safe from COVID.

AND thank you so much for so many reads. I appreciate you all so much and I don't know what I would do without y'all.

Much love.

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow

-Eve