~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓞𝓷𝓮 𝓗𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓮 ~

Start from the beginning

The champions had moved to the edge of the lake, with ten minutes to go and no Harry Potter.

Cedric glanced up at the crowd, all the faces looked the same he couldn't see Danny or Lucy but he knew if Lina was there he'd be able to spot her in a second, not his girlfriend no, the girl who he was completely in love with. Cedric snapped out of his thought just in time, Harry had arrived and the task was about to begin.

Ludo Bagman blew the whistle and after applying the bubblehead charm to himself Cedric dove headfirst into the icy lake.

The water immediately sent a bone-chilling shiver through Cedric body, his muscles tensed before they got used to the conditions and he could swim with more ease deeper towards the waters bay. As he swam he continued to look around, it would have been a lot easier if he knew what exactly he was looking for but still.

Cedric continued to swim, he passed a Grindylow and the giant squid that chased after him for a bit.

Time seemed irrelevant in the freezing murky lake waters, he hoped he hadn't passed the hour and just as Cedric was starting panic that maybe he had, he came across what looked like an underwater village with merpeople holding tridents in front of their homes. A choir of merpeople floated in the centre of the village calling the champions to them, behind the merpeople was a large giant statue of a mermaid and tied to the tail was four people.

Cedric's heart stopped, Lina was there, her head was lolled against Hermione's shoulder. She looked pale and everything he imagined a dead person to look like. The thought that she could actually be dead scared Cedric, he checked behind his shoulder, in the distance he could see two figures. Fleur and Krum.

Cedric swam quicker than he had ever before to get to Lina until he was next to Harry who was trying to save Hermione.

"Get lost" Cedric mouthed to Harry looking panicked "Fleur and Krum are coming now!"

Cedric them pulled a pocket knife out his pocket and quickly cut Lina free. He held her around her waist and swum up to the shore. Cedric didn't look back, he pushed forward until him and Lina had broken the water's surface.

Lina woke up from her magical slumber the second her face was above water, she gasped against the cold and shock of what had just happened and gripped tighter onto Cedric's shoulders.

"It's alright Eve" Cedric whispered into Lina's ear.

Lina relaxed and blinked looking at Cedric through her lashes. Cedric gave her a reassuring smile and began to swim back to the shire, Lina now placed on his back. When their feet could hit the ground, Lina slid off Cedric's back and the pair wadded out the water just as a gust of wind blew through. Lina shuddered and Cedric wrapped his arm tightly around her, it didn't do much for warmth but it provided comfort at least.

Madam Pomfrey came rushing over to the pair and dragged them over to the medical bay that had been set up, she had them both wrapped tightly in blankets and a steaming Goblet in their hands by the time Krum emerged with Hermione.

Lina and Cedric drank their goblets that instantly warmed them up in silence, Lina wanted too but she also wanted to make sure Harry was alright, he nor Fleur had emerged yet.

Since there was no way to tell the time Lina didn't know how long it had passed before Fleur came out the water alone and then sometime later Harry bobbed out the water with not only Ron but also a small blonde girl that looked like Fleur.

"Harry well done!" Hermione cried when he and Ron joined the group, the young girl went immediately to Fleur "you did it, you found out how, all by yourself."