.*+ 𝙷𝚒𝚜 𝙻𝚎𝚏𝚝 𝚂𝚒𝚍𝚎 +*.

Start from the beginning

I pulled her up , into a tight hug and traced shapes on her back. She always calmed down a little when I did that. Dad would do that when we were younger.

"Dad and Mom would be so proud of you right now," I breathed out, trying to comfort her.
She smiled into my shoulder.

-

We returned to our seats, Ochaco heading over to sit next to Iida while I took my seat next to Ojiro and Kirishima.

"y/n, you missed Uraraka's match! She really got close to beating Bakugo's-" Kirishima was quickly interrupted.
"WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT ME, SHITTY HAIR?"

O h  g o d  n o
N o t  t o d a y  p l s  a n d  t y

"I didn't say anything, Bakugo. You must be hearing things," Kirishima lied smoothly, not even turning around to face Bakugo.

I mean, it was probably for the best. It wouldn't do well for his lie if Bakugo saw his face.

It was close to m o r t i f  i e d.

"THATS WHAT I THOUGHT."

Thankfully, we have managed to convince the explosive boi

The fight in front of us started to pick up more. Midoriya had already broken a finger.

"Oooh, that's a blow right there," Denki pushed his head in between us from behind on the next row up.

Another finger got broken.

"Ooooh-" Denki's commentary got muffled as Ojiro used his tail to stop Denki's mouth from speaking.

It looked like things were starting to get pretty heated. Midoriya seemed to be... trying something. He did a lot of talking.

Everyone's eyes were glued to the match. Suspension was in the air, waiting for what would happen.

At this rate, Midoriya was breaking a lot of bones. He didn't have much control over his quirk, it was as if his quirk was too strong for his own body.

His injuries received a lot of winces from the audience.

Further suspension.

Almost as if on queue, something unexpected happened.

Todoroki used his fire. His left side.

I've never seen him use fire before. It was difficult to process.

It was as if he was hiding half of his quirk from us, and this whole time we never expected more from him.

I didn't realize I had been holding my breath until the end of the match.

Midoriya had been injured, it was unbelievable how much he could hurt himself.

I think Todoroki was really affected by that match. He seemed put off, which scared me a little.

"How did you manage to keep your ambition up?"

"Huh?" I turned my head towards the sound of the voice to meet eyes with Ojiro.

"When you were against Todoroki, how did you keep your confidence?" He asked simply.

"Oh, uh, well... you know that All Might once said something about hitting your limit? I just took it to heart and worked with it through to the end," I tried to explain to Ojiro, the expectant look on his face waiting for an answer.

"You were aware he was above in ability than you?"

"Well...yes."

Ojiro's face twisted a little with a reply of, "I'm sorry, that was a little rude. Forgive me."

"None taken," I shrugged it off.

A moment of silence gave away the tension during the match.

"The way he fights is almost as if he's holding a grudge," I commented, earning an interested look from Ojiro.

"Why do you think he feels like that?" I questioned further.

"It's simple. It seems as if he takes his pride very seriously."

"His pride?"

"Like you said, he must be holding a grudge. He barely uses his fire side. He must have his reasons, and it most likely links to his pride. I think it strengthens his resolve," Ojiro seemed to pull any thought out of his head through his words.

"That must be a reason he fights so strongly. And he probably trains his quirk a lot too," he added.

"I want to be able to be capable of such strength," I looked down at my hands.

"Then ask him," Ojiro smiled at me.

"Is it really that simple?"

"Well when you think about it, there are simple ways. Just ask him, that's how to get a direct answer," The way he put it was reassuring.

"Thank you for the advice, Ojiro."

"Hey, anytime." Ojiro turned his focus back on the heated fight.

He's a bit of a simple guy, but that's what makes him so humble. I'm glad I talked to him about it.

Ah, yes. Of course recovery girl would ask you to call her grandma Chiyo 😌

I'm having fun with this now. There is more to come :)