Chapter 1

Hey guys! I'm Charlotte Greene & I live in North Carolina. I'm turning 16 tomorrow! I'm so excited because I'm hanging out with all my friends & family tomorrow & it's just going to be a blast!

Charlotte's POV:

I walk into the house and see my mom and dad sitting on the couch. "Hey guys!" I say excitingly. They both look up at me with disappoint in their eyes. "Come sit down honey." My dad says in a shakey voice. "Okay..." Im confused on what's going on. "Honey, me and your father are..." My mom couldn't finish the sentence. "Getting a divorce." My dad finishes. "What..." I say. Tears start to form in my eyes, "Why on my birthday?! My birthday for god sakes!" I scream. I run up stairs to my room and to find my phone ringing. "Hello?" I say in a cracky voice. "You okay girl?" Cat asks. She is my best friend, she always cheers me up. "No. Mom and dad are getting a divorce." I explain. "Why did they tell you now when your turning 16 tomorrow!" She screams into the phone. "Cat, calm down..." I chuckle nervously. "Sorry Charlotte, I just want this to be perfect for you!" She says. "I know you do, and it will be!" I lie to myself right then & there. I knew this wasn't going to be the same. This is going to be the worst. "Charlotte! Dinner is ready!" My mom yells up the stair. "I have to go, I will talk to you later." I say and hang up the phone. I put my phone down and walk down stairs. There is steak and mashed potatoes sitting on my plate. I just sit down and just play with my food. "Eat something." My dad says. "I'm not hungry." I say and get up and leave. I walk to my room and lay down in my bed. My bedroom door opens, "Go away." I say sternly. "Honey, everything will be like you always imagined tomorrow okay?" My mom says in a perky voice. "Yeah but what about the days after that huh? Nothing will ever be the same." I say and silently start to cry. There is an awkward silence until my phone rings. My mom walks out of the room and I answer the phone, "Hello?" I ask.