“Doesn’t matter. I told him we’re not going.”

I glanced over at him. “Why not?”

“He’s bringing the girl.” He said scornfully.

“You can’t avoid her forever Kyle.”

“No, but I can try.”

“Your dad cares about you enough to accept our relationship. Would it kill you to show him the same courtesy?”

He stuffed one of my shirts into the corner of his suitcase and looked at me with a frown. “Yeah, it would actually. She’s a brainless bitch, she’s half his age and she hates me.”

“She doesn’t hate you...and she’s the CEO of a major corporation. I’m pretty sure that takes some brains.”

“She’s fake…she doesn’t really care about him.”

“Why would she be faking? It can’t be because she’s out to get his money...she has more than enough for herself. I honestly think she’s into him.”

“She’s not.” He said adamantly. His too-pretty face reflecting his displeasure.

“Your jealousy is clouding your judgment.”

“Don’t be stupid Johnny. Why would I be jealous of her?”

“Because you’re used to being the only person in your dad’s life. You’re the one he calls for everything. You’re the only person who meant anything to him and now you’ll have to share all that with someone else.”

“I don’t have to share anything because sooner or later she’ll break his heart and she’ll be out of our lives. I’m a good judge of people Johnny…you know that.”

“So am I and I don’t get any bad vibes from her.”

“Well you can’t be that good a judge if you still can’t see that Eddie is gay.”

I ran a hand over my face. “Not this foolishness again.”

He gave up stuffing my clothes and sat on the floor facing me from across the room.

“It’s not foolishness. It’s a fact, and he’s dying to tell the world. I can feel it.”

“Uhuh.” 

“Don’t you see how miserable he looks these days? Remember how crazy happy he used to be? and how he used to always be joking around?” he questioned. “Now he doesn’t even smile much anymore. It’s because he’s trapped in the closet and he doesn’t know how to come out.”

“You watch too much TV.”

“You’ll see I’m right. I’m always right.”

“Eddie isn’t gay…I’ve known him practically my whole life.” I told him. “And if he doesn’t smile anymore it’s because he’s stressed at work, which is why we invited him on this cruise—to relax, not to try to set him up with some guy.”

He rolled his eyes at me and I frowned. “Not some guy…Simon… and don’t bother telling me Simon isn’t gay because we all know he is.”

“I don’t know what Simon is…and in any case, that’s his own damn business. Let them enjoy the trip Kyle.”

“The only way they’ll enjoy it is if they’re together… like together together.”

I chose to remain silent. Kyle was a stubborn little brat. I’d be wasting my breath trying to convince him of anything after he’d already made up his mind.

“I got them the honeymoon cabin. It’s huge.”

“I’m sure.”

He stood and I watched him as he made his way over. Then he lowered himself to the ground in front of me and took the screwdriver from my hand.

“You should see the way Simon looks at him Johnny...it’s exactly the same way you look at me.”

“You’re seeing things that aren’t there Kyle. You always do. I promise you, they’re friends. I know these people.”

“So do I. The next time Eddie talks to a good looking guy, watch Simon’s face. He always gets jealous and he’s always watching Eddie…always.”

“Simon fucks everything that moves. If he gave a damn about Eddie like you claim, he wouldn’t see anyone else.”

“You just don’t understand how love really works.”

I raised a brow and he waved me off. “What I mean is you never knew what love was until you met me, so you can’t see it when other people are experiencing it.”

“How can you be both cocky and condescending while trying to be sincere. There’s something seriously wrong with you Kyle.”

He smiled and I reached over to brush a lock of hair from his face.

“You’ll see I’m right. By the end of this cruise. Everyone will see I’m right.”

“Well then I guess we’ll see.”

“You will.” He said adamantly and I chuckled.

“I’m sure.”

                                            AUTHOR'S NOTES

JUST A QUICK GLIMPSE INTO THE LIFE OF OUR BOYS.

MORE TO COME VERY VERY SOON. SIT TIGHT AND THANKS FOR READING!

-DoUbLe.A

-unedited.