this is not mine. maybe the nurse made a mistake? she's about to walk out the room when the scent of the hoodie suddenly jogs her memory. eunbi squeezed her eyes shut, various aspects of what she previously sensed registers to her brain one by one.

field, cinnamon, pe class, hot, exclaims, dreading silence, sun, grey, trust me, red..

red..

"moonbin just backhugged you, eunbi!"

"that pervert!" eunbi hurls the grey hoodie against the wall, her cheeks red and her heart beats fast. damn it! i won't be able to sleep again later.

-

moon bin shivers as he scribbles away in his notes. it's the last subject and the whole classroom is unusually quiet, the only sound resonating within the room is the squeaking of the marker against the whiteboard as their teacher writes on it. i should've asked for my jacket back. he thought. he got sent to the office for violating a school policy (no public displays of affection) and his pe teacher scolds him inside the faculty during break, thanks to the stupid stunt he pulled. tsk, why did i hug her to prevent her from turning around? i should have just grabbed her shoulders and-

"borrow my jacket, i can see your hairs stand on end from behind you" dongmin leaves his jacket on moon bin's desk and the latter mumbled thanks, slipping the jacket on over his shirt. dongmin chuckles, oh, how he cherishes the vivid memory of what he  witnessed in pe class. it's like watching a movie, he could see everything in slow motion: moon bin grabs his jacket like a hero, the hero runs to save his leading lady who is unaware of the danger, the townspeople who sees him coming simultaneously stops in their tracks and there! the earth stops rotating in its axis as he takes her into his arms, holding their gazes and seeing the stars in each other's eyes. it's such a perplexing, so-bad-it's-good moment that dongmin swore an oath to himself that he will take care of his health so in old age, he won't forget about it. it's cinematically cringeworthy! dongmin chuckles again, this time a bit louder for moon bin to hear.

moon bin faced dongmin, narrowing his eyes in curiosity. "what's so funny?" dongmin shakes his head and continues laughing, he's gonna roll on the floor soon if he doesn't concentrate on the lesson. shit, it's so hilarious i might tear up. the boy closed his eyes and breathes deeply, but he could not suppress the smile forming on his face. dongmin laughs again and moon bin stays confused, his eyebrows furrowed. "what is it?"

"your heroism, great sir" dongmin says sarcastically, putting his hand on his abdomen and bowing a bit. moon bin rolls his eyes and is about to mind his own business again when he remembers something. how did dongmin see the stain? he rests his arm on the chair's backrest and asks "dongmin, how did you know she had a stain on her pants?" dongmin stops laughing and playfully smirks at his friend. "were you jealous?"

moon bin leans back, a bit disgusted he has to answer this question. "no-" he answers immediately, in a defensive way but is cut off by dongmin's incredulous stare. "no, i wasn't jealous you were probably checking out MY girlfriend. come on, man." gah, i almost lost it there. this stupid boyfriend thingy is so annoying. moon bin frowns, waiting for a reply.

"damn, you're so wack when you're jealous. stand up for her even against a friend" dongmin sighs, teasing moon bin by acting disappointed. moon bin did not waver and kept quiet, his cold-eyed stare made dongmin sigh in defeat. "no, i wasn't checking her out. i just noticed you were staring at her like an oh so lovey dovey boyfriend and so i looked at her too" dongmin shrugs, looking to the side. seems true, i'll take it. moon bin just nods, pretty convinced about it and gets back to doodling things on his notebook.

moon bin pursed his lips and sits up straight, he's actually concerned about what eunbi feels about it. they're just friends that dislike each other slightly, who knows if she's traumatized. he shouldn't have hugged her out of nowhere, it's perverse and it's wrong. moon bin wishes he could hit himself in the head right now, but it will not change anything and he figured saying sorry to her is better. heck, moon bin might even let her slap him just this once.

--

the coldness of the room makes eunbi snuggle under her blanket, her temperature came down and she is gradually getting better but she can't be active all day thus she spent her monday like a sunday: laying down in bed all day and sleeping. hwang eunbi might be a strict, sassy and grade-conscious girl but she's still a young girl who enjoys not doing anything and healing. she rarely has a chance but she takes it whenever she can. the girl dozed off but is soon awaken again by her mom.

"eunbi! someone's here to see you!" her mom shouts from downstairs and eunbi arose from her bed and whines "yewon, not now" i don't want to stand up, i'm too comfortable with my pillows. she groans, pouting angrily at yewon who is probably downstairs playing with angkko. eunbi drags herself to the door and as she gets closer, she could barely hear her mom's muffled voice as she converses with her stupid visitor.

"she'll come down soon, honey. just wait here, the second floor is too messy"

"n-no, i'm good"

then eunbi heard footsteps, someone is coming up the stairs. couldn't yewon wait? "tsk." eunbi twists the doorknob  at the same time as the footsteps stop in front of her room, she scratched her head and yawned as she opens her door. "yewon, what-" she is interrupted by moon bin's sneezing and angkko jumping up on him with his tail wagging and tongue exposed. eunbi is too shell-shocked that she just stared at moon bin who is teary-eyed and speaking to her about something she couldn't hear despite of their small distance. 

okay so earlier, i was just sleeping and cuddling with my pillows and now, i'm standing in front of my visitor which is moon bin. moon bin, the one who blushed while hugging me. the one who hugged me. eunbi collects her thoughts and smiles at moon bin fakely before slamming the door in his face.

--