My Heart Went Oof-

Start from the beginning

The pictures and selfies that they had sent each other. Kevin would be lying if he said that he didn't pause and stare at each one of Jacob.

He started remembering the older's laughter. It was music to his ears. He determined, that it was his favorite sound in the whole world.

The blush that would creep up on Jacob's face anytime he was flustered. Beautiful. Breath-taking. And Kevin loved the fact that the majority of the time, he had caused it.

He loved the fact that he had an impact on the older. How he could make him feel embarrassed so easily. He had a certain effect on Jacob, and it gave him a little bit of hope.

Hope that Jacob might feel the same way.

And this, this is what scared Kevin the most. The realization that he had no clue how the other felt towards him. What he even thought of him. Was he just a friend to Jacob?

Just the thought of that was absolutely crushing. If his feelings were truly one-sided, he might as well curl himself up in a ball and cry for the rest of his existence.

As pathetic as that makes him sound, that was the way he felt.

Helpless. He was helplessly in love. His heart was in Jacob's hands and the latter probably didn't even know it. All he could do was pray to God that it wouldn't get broken.

Please God, if you're really out there. Please let this work out.

He was pleading to whatever deity would listen to his worries and concerns.

Kevin wasn't going to lie, he had thought of trying to run this time. Run from his emotions and to pretend they didn't exist. However, the logic within him stepped up quickly and told him immediately that that was a stupid idea. The more you try to run from your emotions the stronger they become.

You can't run from your heart. You have to listen to it, whether you want to do so or not, it's something that humans have to do.

So yet again, Kevin decided that he was going to just go for it. Take his chance.

He was going to risk getting hurt for the older. Oh God, what he'd do to get the boy to fall for him.

What Kevin really wondered was how he had fallen so deeply in love. How did he get to this? How was he this whipped?

What about Jacob made him feel this way?

It wasn't too long til Kevin had come to the conclusion that it was everything. Everything about him made his heart pound and tumble.

When he had dropped the Jacob off in the school parking lot, his eyes were sparkling with happiness.

It made Kevin weak to the point where he felt like breaking the first rule in dating. The one about not kissing on the first date. Thankfully he didn't.

Can you imagine how awkward that would've been if Jacob didn't love him back? God, it would've been hell!

A soft knock interrupted his thoughts and he glanced over to the door.

Getting out of bed, he moved towards the door and opened it, revealing his younger brother.

"Hyunjoon?"