1

"Happy Birthday then"

Yoo Shi Jin clicked the radio button, happy birthday music was heard. Yoon Myung Joo looked at him, smiling. It wasn't sincere.

"It was last week."

"But we met today."

He muted the radio, smiling. After her long task she didn't seem happy at all. On the way of her home they didn't talk much.

"Why are you so quiet today?" asked Shi Jin "What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing" she looked at the outside "I'm just wrecked."

"That's what I thought!" he smiled "I hope you don't mind me that I didn't take you good place in our first date. You should rest."

She smiled, looking at him.

"It's not our first date though."

"Logically yes. But I think we can drink some coffee."

She looked outside again. Her eyes checked for a sweet cofee to drink coffee and talk about their possibly future relationship. After last week she needed it.

Shi Jin's voice was heard again. He continued to his conversation.

"-In your house."

Myung Joo paused, like him. Shi Jin wanted to heard her inviting, this is what it should have been. He needed to see her warm side or he will decide to run away. Like everyone.

"Actually" said Myung Joo, take a deep breath "I have to go to the military office first."

"Okay." he smiled ironic way.

After then, no one ever talked. She visited military office for nothing. Shi Jin just left the town.

***
Myung Joo lived small town. It wasn't peaceful place ever but she used to live here as a general's one and only daughter. Her childhood memories was full of army rules. General raised his daughter as a real military member. His biggest dream was see her as a soldier, she wants to be a doctor like her mother. They met in the middle. She became a military doctor, 1st Lieutenant. But she never worked her dream place, her mother's hospital nearby the military office. Since this town is a fight zone, tisome parts of hospital turned to the military zone. She wanted to work there but her father never let. He didn't like her to work as a doctor, like her mother who is left him before her past. Myung Joo always fought with his father. Her life completely hard and she felt unhappy for so long.

Her last relationship also was hard because of her dad. She madly fell in love with sergeant Seo Dae Young but her father definitely wasn't accept this love. She fought for her love but after then he just cheated her like nothing happened.

Anyway, it wasn't her first time. After him, she met such guys who are accepted by her father. But they gone too. Everyone is gone. She started to think that she has a problem. It was sick.

Visiting military office for nothing was a big fault. Everyone who saw her had started to ask about Seo Dae Young and his new girlfriend.
She felt more uneasy. Even she started to blame herself again. Last week she had waited for his text for her birthday. Like a crap. Of course he did not. That made her very stupid. How could she be that silly?

After a shitty military visit, she decided to go somewhere to drink. Coming back to the home won't make her feel okay for now. Her neighbour unnie definitely will start to check her relationship status with Shi Jin. She already got over with him though.

There were new shopping center was nearby the military office. After a long task she came back her town finally, many things has changed. She decided to go there.