PROLOGUE

“I've never let myself love anyone.” The boy confessed after minutes of silence.

The girl was slightly shocked but she knew it was coming. No one, men or women, have made it past his cold exterior.

It was already expected.

“Neither have I. They’re just distractions.” She heard him chuckle before pulling them both down to sit on the bench.

“Are they?”

“Mhm. Also, they’re the ones who break you down just so they could build you back up the way they want to.”

“Is that so? How come you know so much?”

“I wouldn’t be this cold monster if it wasn’t for my parents splitting. You see, they’re both at fault. But none of them would own up to their mistakes.”

“Parents are not always perfect.”

“I know.” They were engulfed by a comfortable silence before the boy spoke up again.

“I just realized something.”

“What is it?”

“Nothing is permanent. The sun doesn’t shine all day and that’s when the moon comes in. Seasons change. People change.”

“Where are you going with this?” she was taken aback as he cupped her face and planted his soft lips against hers. He sheepishly smiled as he broke away, scratching the back of his neck.

“I think there's something we can do. About this, about our.. aversion to love.” She smiled and this time, she was the one who closed the gap between them.

“How do you say we change our cold hearts?” he went down on his knees in front of her and held her hand.

“Will you go out with me?”