thirteen.

I woke up to the sun shining in my face and an empty bed. I sat up and searched the room and there was no sign of Archer. I stretched my body and grabbed myself out of my bed to go downstairs. 

I walked downstairs and heard laughter coming from the kitchen. I walked in and saw my parents, Leo, Bailey, and Archer all enjoying coffee at the dining room table. I instantly smiled at the sight of Archer with my family. 

"Goodmorning princess," my dad greeted me as I started making myself an iced coffee. 

"Goodmorning." I plopped a seat next to Archer and felt him kiss the side of my head. 

"Hi, beautiful. What would you like to do today?" he asked tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Well, I really want to show you around where I grew up if you are up for that." 

"I would love that." 

We all sat together and ate the breakfast that my dad had made and made small talk. Bailey and Leo had to go to their wedding venue today at 2 and invited Archer and me to go as well. 

After breakfast, I quickly took a shower and started getting ready for the day. I decided on a pair of black jeans and a red long sleeve top with my black ankle boots. My hair was still curled from last night and I did my makeup very minimal. 

I walked into Archers' room to see him in black jeans, a white V-neck, and a leather jacket on. He looked yummy if I do say so. "You look beautiful, baby."

"Thank you, you look good as well." I sat next to him on his bed. 

"So what do you have planned for today?" he asked kissing my head.

"That a secret for now." I winked. He rolled his eyes and gave me a light smile. I stood up and pulled him with me so we could leave. 

After I grabbed my purse and we said goodbye to my parents, we went outside to Archer's Range Rover. "How about I drive?"

He looked at me skeptically. I gave him my big puppy dog eyes and pouted my lips. "Oh alright. Only because you look so cute right now."

I jumped up and down and grabbed his keys from him. I started the car and made sure we were buckled up before pulling away from my house. Our first stop was one of my favorite coffee shops in town that I would always be late for school because I had to have my coffee from here. 

"How do you like it?" I asked once Archer took a sip of his latte. 

"Mmm, this is delicious. I should have this flown to San Fransisco every morning." I just laughed at him and shook my head. 

After the coffee shop, I took Archer all over Fallbrook and San Diego. We went to my old high school, my first job, the cliffs where we would ditch school, my old soccer training facility, the best pizza place, and of course to the beach. Archer tried throwing me in the water but I had to beg him not to since it was 60 degrees out right now. He was in trouble for a little bit after that. 

The last spot I wanted to take him to was a really special place in my heart. It was my grandparent's horse ranch that I grew up on. The ranch had been in our family's name for generations. My grandparents bought me my first pony when I was 8 and I could not wait to see him. 

We stepped out of the car and immediately heard all of the horse neighings. Archer looked around very skeptically. He looked uneasy. 

"Oh please don't tell me you are afraid of horses Archie?" I giggled at him. He stood up straight and cleared his throat. 

"Of course not, I just don't have a good track record with horses." he looked like he would start sweating. I walked up to him and grabbed his hand, tugging lightly.