"So what's cooking?" I ask, trying to look away and pretend as if that moment never happened.

"Your favorite, dear Julie"

"Lasagna?"

"Mhhmm." He nods his head and turn the volume on the radio louder.

I feel relieved because no matter how many days he stayed with me after my mother's death, it feels like today is the best one yet. It's kind of ironic how he's the one teaching me to cook though and I don't even know anything about cooking, but he doesn't mind and that makes me really happy.

By the time Anne and Gemma came home, the table was already set and all the food was waiting to be eaten.

"That was a lovely and delicious surprise." Anne stated after dinner and both Harry and I were smirking at each other.

"I'm glad you liked it..."

"Mum did you tell her yet?" Gemma asks once I look up again after hearing her voice.

"No, um but Julie...we talked about it and um we just want to invite you to live with us. but you have a choice, the people responsible for the will and everything told us that your mum said you are to live with your dad or at a relative's place...But we are giving you a choice, so you have a lot of options to pick from. You can stay at your father's, a relative, here with us or we will allow you and Harry to move in together in a separate apartment."

"But Mrs..." I say, but Harry's mom interrupts me and I see Harry laughing.

"Anne." She adds with a huge smile on her face.

"Anne, this is too much to ask for from you, you've already done so much for me. You really don't have to do this for me." I say nervously and still in shock that she even offered.

"So I'm guessing you're choosing to stay here?" Harry says with a smile on his face and he winks.

This is really too much. I mean all was going well until this conversation about where I am to stay came up. It's upsetting me now. It was just another reminder for me to wake up and realize that my mum is gone. To think that one of the options was to stay with my dad; that just sickens me. Then the flashbacks start coming back to me. My step-siblings. I can't let them there. I got a plan.

"Um, well you think that they'll tell me my father's address if I decide to stay there?" I say, not realizing what words even came out of my mouth.

Harry's expression immediately changes, because he knows. He knows what my dad did and he's clearly shocked that I just said that.

"What?"

"They'll give me his address, right? I mean he doesn't have to know that I will go there...can I just like surprise him and show up at his house?" I ask once again, trying to sound confident.

"Love, we'll have to let them know by tomorrow morning and I believe he is to come pick you up."

"If this happens, then I can't be picked up from here. Anne if that's okay, I just need to be there to do something. I mean, I don't want to stay with him forever, I just want to see my step siblings one last time."

"Alright hun, I'll see what I can do to get the address for you then."

"Mum, you can tell them that you need the address so you can see with Ju what's more convenient for her, you know what I'm saying?"

Harry, you are brilliant. Why didn't I think of that?

For the rest of the night, I help Anne out with the dishes. Harry and Gemma are in their rooms so we are alone, which is something rare. I feel like it's awkward, but I know that if I intend to stay here, then I better get used to these types of situations.