CHAPTER FOURTEEN.

Zacznij od początku

"Are sure you don't want to tell me about what's bothering you?" She squinted her eyes at him in curiosity. Regulus groaned silently, and sat up as well.

"I should've known that you were the type of person who had this determination to know what was on my mind." He rubbed his face with his hand. "But I guess it's time that you knew."

Caroline furrowed her eyebrows at the words he said. "Caroline, love," he brought out his arm, lifting up his sleeve so that he could show her the mark that symbolised his pledge to the whom he served.

"I'm a Death Eater."

"Regulus."

"REGULUS!"

A harsh whisper woke him up making him jolt up from his seat, while his eyes were still clouded from slumber. When he regained his eyesight back, he observed his surroundings, and realised that he was in the library, studying for a Potions test. He looked up from his table, and saw none other than the girl who constantly showed up in his dreams. "Caroline. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to—"

"It's alright. I was just here to wake you up from your nap." She pursed her lips, observing the eye bags under his green eyes. "Seems like you had a good dream I suppose, sleeping beauty?" She teased him with a nickname that originated from a muggle story, about a princess that was put under a sleeping curse by an evil fairy.

Regulus scoffed slightly, and shook his head, gathering his study materials. "It's nothing, really. I'm just worried that I might not be able to pass that potions test Slughorn has in store for us. And I don't want to disappoint him, especially that I'm apart of his Slug Club." He explained, rubbing his eyes with his fingers carefully. The blonde simply nodded, and bit on her lip.

"I see. I guess you wouldn't be needing me around since I might be a distraction." The young girl carried on and wanted to leave, but the boy felt guilty and stood up.

"Wait, where are going?" He asked, making her turn around. With an innocent look on her face, she gave him a small smile and answered.

"I'm was planning to take my broom for a little test drive, since the games are almost near." Right. I need to prepare for the quidditch game too. Blimey, Regulus get your thoughts straight. He mentally beat himself up when she practically reminded him about the upcoming game. "Anyway, I'll make sure I beat your fine arse once more. Oh how I remember that day, it seems like it was only yesterday when I swiped the whole Slytherin team's ego."

She smirked. "Might as well do it again."

"I know, but apparently, Gryffindor still won against you, and snatched the House Cup as well, thanks to Potter and his good for nothing team." Regulus replied back and sighed, his hands in the pockets of his robes. That memory angered Caroline. No matter how much she tried to forget she still couldn't bring herself to move on from her loss. The day she finally beat the Slytherin team, the Hufflepuff seeker felt like she had gain some sort of new confidence. But all of it was taken from her when the Gryffindor team won against them, and eventually claimed the house cup, again. It took her a while to look at James Potter straight into his eyes without feeling like she'd throw a punch at that darn face of his, but thankfully, Regulus was there to ease her fiery emotions down. But she had to admit, that the bitterness still lingered at her heart, and she knew it would take some time to let herself move on from it. The girl did quite have an issue with moving forward. Although you couldn't entirely blame her, reviewing what she has been through.

She immediately started to discard the rage that was slowly starting build up inside her, and composed herself into a calmer mindset. Caroline took a deep breath and looked into the eyes of her supposed lover, who had a smirk on his lips. She raised an eyebrow and questioned him. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Still bitter about the loss, I see." He asked looking at her mischievously, making her emotions of anger get a hold of her again. She shrugged.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She crossed her arms, looking away from him. "If you're trying to get onto my nerves for fun, well now is not the right time. I know you find me adorable when I am angered, and you find it amusing to your liking."

Regulus took a step closer to her, getting a better and closer look at her features, admiring every single bit of it. "I like the way your anger fuels your motivation and competitiveness," he paused and eyed her lips with a hint of hunger in his eyes. He inched a little bit closer, and with a low voice he said, "It turns me on."

"REGULUS—"

"Hush, darling. We're in the library, remember?" Caroline was flustered, her cheeks a scarlet color, which entertained Regulus more.

Rolling her eyes, she harshly whispered, "Regulus Black, if this is another tactic of yours for you to distract me from practicing for the upcoming quidditch game then you're most definitely wrong." She eyed him sternly. "Now, if you need to get off, do it somewhere else! Blimey, please not in the library! Also, if you want to shag me, I suggest we do it somewhere in a much private area, not unless you want our dignity to be taken away. Do you understand?"

"Wait, did Caroline Wright just give me her consent?"

"No, you hormonal teenage boy." She said, her cheeks getting redder. "I-I was only assuming—yeah, I was assuming!" Caroline gulped, keeping her chin up high. "Now if you would excuse me, I have another quidditch game to win—or at least I will manage to."

And with that, Caroline walked away and out of the library, leaving a rather amused Regulus who was quietly laughing at the girl's given behaviour.