I22I - Morning Breath

Start from the beginning

I knew that I was overreacting, Roger is completely fine. I put my phone down and smile as I rest back into the leather seat and wait a couple of seconds before finally, I spot at the top of the stairs is Roger and he is coming down rolling the fat suitcase down with him.

The rain has become heavier and more prevalent and I just hope Rog doesn't catch a cold the first day he moves in with me. Because then I'll sadly have to watch and take care of him, sweetly holding him. Roger acting like a piece of shit and Roger feeling like a piece of shit are two different things and only one I would really fucking hate seeing.

He gets around my car and opens the back car door to lift the heavy suitcase into the seat and I watch in the rearview mirror as he is rushing with a frown on his face and grunts softly as he finally gets it pushed into the middle of the seats then tossing what looks to be his bookbag on top. He closes the door and opens up to the passenger seat climbing inside with no hesitation.

I look at a couple of droplets falling from the ends of his straight hair as he looks to me and smiles a little, but it looks pained as I stare back at him. Everything I can see with the awkward position of his eyebrows. I go along though with no assumptions and I say with a smile, "How'd it go? Get what you needed?"

Rog breathes out slowly, closing his eyes, and taking a second to compose himself. He turns back to me, "It went well. Now let's get the hell out of here and fast."

He's going a little too fast for me to keep up with what he's saying, and I try to reach out only for a moment. Not knowing what to do with my hand but with the intention to do something to let him know everything is fine.
"Wait-"

Roger furiously clicks his seatbelt in and his voice becomes louder and terrifyingly low, even raising over the song playing loud throughout the car speakers, "Can we just fucking go? I just wanna get out of here and be with you!"

Something is wrong. I can tell by the dark look on his face now that suddenly appeared with how fearful he is. He's so scared, but it's bugging me not knowing just what played out up there.

I listen to him, hating the thought of him being any more uncomfortable than he is now. I drive off out of the old parking lot quickly, thoughts and wonders roaming my mind for some kind of answer.

~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~
▪︎Roger's P.O.V▪︎
~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~

My eyes flutter open very slightly as the sun is starting to peek over Brian's large curls through the window. I squint at the brightness and push myself closer into Brian's warmth with a quiet sigh as I melt against his neck and his arm only folds to pull me impossibly closer to his chest. I wish that it was raining, like any other morning. If it even is the morning- I have no clue how long we have been like this.

It's like I've forgotten how comfy it was sleeping in his bed. With him, in fact. Last night trying to force myself asleep I couldn't get that thought across in my mind until Brian laid right beside me and started stroking my hair and began to make fun of the way I looked angry when thinking too hard. But it wasn't mean, he was talking about how much he adored something as tiny as that.

Then I proceeded to talk about how dumb it was how much he worries and over-complexes things, but then as a follow-up and payback, I talked about how much I loved him for it.

I remember falling asleep, deep into his words as my eyelashes closing tickled his jawline. Especially as I was gradually trying to sleep, they kept opening so I could take another look at him, a breathtaking and stupidly handsome sight.