Road Trip to the Past

We traveled for a few minutes, my curiosity growing with each passing second. "What kind of creatures" I finally asked. I figured I should learn as much as possible about this world while I had the chance

"What?" Oak stared at me in complete confusion.

"You said there are dangerous creatures out there. What kind of creatures?"

"Oh. well, there are penguin bears. And you gotta watch out for night slithers and jiggler trees. Oh and.....Wolfmen."

"Are there any good creatures around here?" I enquired.

"Yes. there are many neutral creatures, along with some helpful ones. Most of the neutral animals are used as pets such as Aics or Canidae familiarises. Canidaes are also considered neutral." Oak explained.

"Ok so ginger is like a cat and the Canidae familiarises resemble a dog." I said. "so what are the helpful creatures?"

"Well, there are quadcorns" Oak nodded towards Galaxy. "Then there's Drajars and Jafars. Both are found near water. In fact, we should probably go get a Jafar. It'll help us greatly."

"Where do we find a Jafar?" I asked

"The closest one is the enchanted river," Oak informed me. 

"Ok great. So next stop, the enchanted river?" I asked. Oak nodded in confirmation. We continued riding through the hilly terrain.

"So what creatures do you have in your world?" Oak asked.

"It's called Earth," I remarked. "And we have a wide range of animals. Bears, cows, horses, chickens, crocodiles, spiders, jellyfish, ants, and giraffes are just some of them. There's a lot."

"We have legends about some of those. Crocodiles and horses. Oh and cats." Oak stated. "Tell me about them"

"Well, crocodiles are large semiaquatic reptiles that live throughout the tropics. They are scaly and big." I explained. "Horses are a large plant-eating domesticated mammal with solid hoofs and a flowing mane and tail. They are used for riding, racing, and to carry and pull loads. Cats are kinda like Aics, except they only have one head and one tail."

"Oh! that's surprisingly similar." Oak exclaimed. I laughed as Oak started to clap his hands in excitement. "In the legends crocodiles were the huge creatures with scaly skin and a strong tail. They could swim through the water at fast speeds, faster than a boat. Legend says the knights used to kill them for sport, and that's why there are none in the present time."

"Oh. that's similar to our myths about dragons. So what's the myth about horses?" I enquired.

"Well people have seen them, or so they claim. They are said to be strong and big. And super fast, faster than a night slither. They are said to be graceful and elegant, with a long mane and an amazing tail."

" Not that far off actually" I chuckled.

"Really!?" Oak shrieked, his eyes lighting up in excitement.

"Yep. They-" a rustle in the bushes cut me off, causing Oak and I to fall into silence. I caught sight of something in the bush before I saw a flash of black and white. Suddenly I was on the ground, my arm stinging. 

"COLE!!!" Oak jumped off of Cotton Candy, rushing to my side. "Are you ok?" he quaked.

"I'm fine." I sat up, checking my body for injuries. I seemed to be fine other than a stinging sensation in my arm. I looked down to see a small black and white creature biting my arm.

It looked like a bear cub. It was black and white, with a patch of yellow on the back of its head. It stared into my soul with wide black eyes, placed above a furry snout. The snout came to a very distinct curved point, much like a penguin's beak. My eyes widened in surprise as the animal let go of my arm before waddling away.

"What was that?" I inquired.

"Penguin bear. A baby. You're lucky it wasn't a mama bear. You would have been in much worse condition. How's your arm?" Oak responded.

"It stings a bit. Do you have a first aid kit?" I cradled the stinging arm.

"Even better." Oak led Cotton Candy towards me. "Put your arm near her." I followed his instructions. Within seconds the stinging was gone and I felt perfectly fine.

"Right. I forgot they had healing powers. Well let's go shall we?" I smirked as I mounted Galaxy once again. Oak nodded, laughing as he mounted Cotton Candy.

We continued to ride down the road, keeping our eyes out for any more creatures.

"So, do you have a job?" I asked.

Oak glanced at me. "I'm a farmer. And I'm a bit of conspiracy nut. I love theories. They're just so fascinating."

"I agree. I've been into conspiracy theories for the last 3 years. Especially alternate dimensions. Never thought I'd actually be in one." I smiled at Oak. Suddenly Oak stopped, hopping off of Cotton Candy. "What are you doing?" I asked as I slid off of Galaxy. Oak turned to me, grinning.

"Welcome to the Enchanted River, Cole" Oak exclaimed, his smile broadening.