Chapter 12- A Note from the Riders

Start from the beginning

   Ty must have been so uncomfortable, he didn't like touching people or people touching him and he had been so nice! And kind. And understanding. And he probably hated Kit now for being so disrespectful of his boundaries.

   And Mina was missing! How were Jem and Tessa dealing with this? Mina was their little girl! She was so young! Why would anyone kidnap her? She was young and innocent and had done no wrong to the world! Who could have been so cruel?

   She had the most adorable smile that could light up a room and make anyone feel happy in an instant. She had the sweetest laugh that spilled out of her like honey out of a squeezy bottle.

   A rustling noise behind him broke his train of thought. He glanced down to see Ty, looking gorgeous with his ruffled black hair and sleepy grey eyes. Ty's arms looped around Kit's waist and tugged him back down, he obliged and lay next to Ty who put his head on Kit's chest. Kit ran his hand through Ty's silky hair, something he had wanted to do for a while.

   They lay next to each other, enjoying the others company. Ty lifted his head up to look at Kit. He asked what had happened yesterday, concern and confusion lacing his voice. Kit sighed but explained everything to Ty in the clearest way he could. 

   There wasn't a lot to tell, Justin didn't know many details, just that Tessa had gone to wake Mina up but Mina wasn't there. They had searched everywhere before realizing she had been kidnapped, knowing it wasn't a mundane kidnapping because of the traces of dark magic in the house, traces that Tessa hadn't put there and hadn't been there the night before.

   After telling Ty everything he took a deep breath, willing himself not to cry again. He glanced down at the boy still resting on his chest. Ty had a look on his face and Kit could tell he was thinking about every word Kit had said and evaluating the situation. 

   Ty opened his mouth but was interrupted by something hitting the window. Ty got out of the bed and opened the window to see what had landed on the windowsill. He picked it up and turned to face Kit.

   He was holding an acorn.

   He came back over and sat next to Kit, leaning against the headboard. He wordlessly handed the acorn to Kit.

   He carefully took out the note that was inside and read the short message carefully.

           Go back to Devon and we'll give further instructions, if you don't the girl will die.

                                                                                                                                                        -The Riders

   Kit looked over to Ty, trying to see what he was thinking. He leaned his head against Ty's shoulder, already worn out from the day and closed his eyes, not wanting to deal with all the crap going on.

   "What do you think I should do?" He asked, without opening his eyes.

   "You should probably ask your boyfriend."

   "Who?"

   "Justin, your boyfriend." Oh. Kit had forgotten that Justin had said that.

   "Justin is not my boyfriend, we were just friends back in Devon."

   "Then why did he say he was and what does fuckbuddies mean?"

   "Have you seen the movie 'Friends with Benefits'?" Kit asked, thinking that might be the best way to explain the basic concept.

   "Yes"

   "Well, that's what me and Justin were before I came here, except we didn't fall for each other like in the movie."

   "Oh."

   "So what do you think I should do? I should go to Devon, right?"

   "Yes, if you don't then Mina could die." Good enough reason for Kit, if that little girl, who was like a sister to Kit, died then he wouldn't be able to forgive himself for letting it happen. She was such an incredible person and so young, she had barley lived yet.

   "I'm going back to Devon. I'll call Tessa and ask her to set up a time and place with Bridgewater."

   "That's a good plan."

   They sat in silence. Kit didn't want to leave Ty, not again. He had just started earning Ty's trust back and leaving again might ruin that. He wanted to stay with Ty, but he couldn't. Mina's life was more important. Unless.....

   "You could come with me!" Kit blurted it out the moment the thought popped into his head.

   "What?" Kit sat up straight, turning to face Ty.

   "I mean, it's completely your choice but," He paused for a second and looked down at his hands, "I don't want to leave you again. We just started getting to know each other and I don't want to ruin that a second time."

   "I don't know." Ty said, a bit unsure.

   "It is your choice and I know how much you value your education here but we could figure out a way to get the classes sent to my house and we could FaceTime them for the training sessions and we would still be able to see each other every day. But it is your choice Ty, I don't want to force you into something you don't want to do." Kit looked up at Ty and could see him processing the idea.

   "If it's okay with Jem and Tessa and Professor Bridgewater agrees as well then......alright!" Ty looked up with a grin on his face and met Kit's eyes for the first time since the training room when he had first arrived at the Scholomance.

   A smile crept it's way onto Kit's face, the first one since he had found out Mina had gone missing. Kit leaned forward, a questioning look on his face and hugged Ty when he nodded permission to do so. They sat with their arms around each other for a few minutes, forgetting all the shit that was happening for a minute and just relaxing.

   They pulled away, deciding to meet up at breakfast. Kit went to his own room to have a shower and change into black skinny jeans, a navy top and a leather jacket. He put on his scuffed black converse before walking out the door to go to breakfast. The guards outside his door objected but he brushed past them, ignoring their calls and demands for him to come back.

   He arrived at the dining hall and spotted Ty at his usual table, he walked over after getting some cereal and sat down. They ate their food silently, Kit watching Ty finish a drawing of a raven.

   Once breakfast was over they went to Professor Bridgewater's office and told her what had happened. She agreed to letting Ty go with Kit as long it was okay with Jem and Tessa,. They were excused from classes that day and instead watched a bunch of movies and packing.

   At 6pm a portal was opened for them and they stepped through together with their bags. The next couple days, or months, or however long it took to get Mina back, would certainly be interesting.     

                                                                       ~~~

So I published that mini-chapter yesterday at 9pm (an estimate) but my parents took my laptop unexpectedly so I wasn't able to write the next one. I'm sorry this is late but I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless!

If there are any conversations or scenes you want me to write feel free to message me and I'll try to incorporate it into the story, if I can't I'll make it a one-shot at the end.

I have also been debating whether or not to have a smut scene for Kit and Ty because I know that Ty has boundaries but I also feel like he's really comfortable around Kit and they would do it if Ty wanted to. So I'm a bit unsure about that, please tell me your opinions on it!

I did not proof-read this chapter so please tell me if my grammar is wrong or if I over-use any words.

Please comment, vote and follow!

Yours, LittleBunny xxx