A Starcrossed Reunion Part 1

It was rare that the Master ever got a chance to relax during the Time War. However, after fighting and risking his life for the Timelords for several centuries the Master had had enough. After watching the Dalek emperor take control of the Cruciform he was scared, much as he hated to admit it. 

It was clear to him now that there was no way of winning this war. The only way that this would end would be with his death and that was something he was determined not to let happen. He had already needed a resurrection and didn't particularly want to have a second one.

He glanced over at the Chameleon Arc that he was planning on using. The idea of being human was rather repulsive but it was his only chance of escape. He sighed and ran a hand through his white hair. Desperate times called for desperate measures.

He missed when life was simpler. Causing chaos around the universe, invading planets, matching wits with his best enemy the Doctor, and of course Beatrice. He reached into a drawer under the console and pulled out the journal she had left him the day that they parted all those years ago.

He smiled slightly as he looked over the various images she had drawn from their time together. Him dressed as a vicar, an image of Draconians from the time he attempted to start a war between Earth and Draconia, and one of his personal favourites, an image of the two of them in the twenties. She was wearing an elegant midnight blue flapper dress and he wore a charcoal suit with a blue pocket square that matched his tie and Beatrice's dress. He always had been rather dapper in that incarnation. With the goatee and dark hair, Beatrice had joked he was the perfect gentleman villain.

Beatrice, clever, fearless, compassionate Beatrice. His most faithful companion. Even all these years later he had never forgotten her. Not once. His time with her had been the most content he had ever felt and it was her he thought of whenever the drums became too loud. From the pages of the journal, he pulled out a letter she had left with it.

My Dearest Master,

If you are reading this than I have left for good. Though I doubt it was because I wanted to. I'm leaving you this journal full of my designs from our adventures. This way, no matter what you will have a way of remembering me. I thank whatever power is out there that we met. You are the most wonderful man I have ever known. Even with your flaws, I love you and I always will. Thank you for showing me the stars and the wonders that exist in the universe.

Forever Yours,

Beatrice

As he traced her writing with his hand an idea came to him. If he was going to run and hide for however long was necessary then there was one person he needed see before his memories were erased by the Chameleon Arc and that was Beatrice.

 He wasn't sure what had happened to her in the intervening years since they parted. Though he had often missed her a part of him had wanted to keep his distance so that she could continue to move forward with her life without being held back by their past.

But now he needed to see her. She was the only person he could ever trust implicitly. The only person he could be honest with and not have to fear betrayal. There was so much he had repressed. Particularly since the war. He only hoped that she would be happy to see him again. 

The Master went and changed into a brown suit with a black tie and attached the fob watch to his waistcoat. Though he hadn't let the war totally degrade his sense of style he didn't quite focus on his appearance as much as he had in previous regenerations. The incarnation in which he had first met Beatrice had been particularly fastidious when it came to his suits. Always matching his tie and pocket square.

Still, he did his best to tidy up his appearance more than usual. Once he was satisfied the Master walked over to the console. He doubted Beatrice was still living in the same apartment. For her, it must have been about thirty years. However, he did suspect that she might still have the Gallifreyan pendant he gave her which could allow him to track her.

He began scanning for a signal from it and it wasn't long before he located it she was now located in an area called Teddington in South West London. Setting the coordinates he landed and stepped outside. It was early evening. 

Across the road from him was a nice little two-story cottage. It was blue with white trim and had a small front garden. The Master walked up and knocked on the door. A few moments later it was opened and he came face to face with Beatrice.

She was, of course, older now. Her hair not quite as vibrant as before and a few lines on her face yet she had aged well. Her hair was still thick wavy and her hazel eyes still sparkled with life. He was pleased to see that she was wearing the pendant he had given her.

"Can I help you?" she asked in a tone of polite curiosity.

"Hello my dear," he said with a small smile. He watched as recognition flashed across her face and her hand came to rest over the pendant as her eyes widened.

"Master!"

Author's Note: There's part one. I estimate this will likely be three parts or so. Teddington is where Roger Delgado was living at the time of his death. Please let me know your thoughts in the comments below. Thanks for reading. Until next time Whovians!