The Dead-Eye Clove

Start from the beginning

Shane quickly takes a gulp of air as he doesn't waste a second to fire. The gunmen fell down and squeezed the trigger. The gun fire alerted the bikers and the mob as they realize they're in trouble. The don yanked one duffle bag of cash and ran with his soldiers as the criminals decided to fire back at the party crashers. Their lives suddenly became more important than money.

Shane's carefully places one shot from one gunman to the next as the don and his friends jump into a limo, undoubtedly bullet proof, and raced out of the construction site. Shane watches the limo ride off from the warzone and sighed. They forgot to pick him up.

Shane calls the don through a disposable cellphone.

"Hey, you ok?"

"I'm far from ok." The don coughed from the other end. "We only got one of the three cash bags."

"At least you're alive and got one." Shane says while placing his sniper rifle away. Police sirens wail from the distance. "I don't have a lot of time to be out here. I'll find a spot and you can get one of your boys to-"

"You can forget about it and take a taxi." The don cuts in. "I lost money thanks to you. Good luck getting out of here."

Shane growls as the call ends. He kicks the empty briefcase in frustration. He holds his head with his hand and sighs before moving to exit the rooftop.

However, Spider man drops in front of Shane. He froze as the hero shook his head slowly.

"Rough night?" Spider-man says. "I hate to make it any worse."

Shane thought of whacking spider-man with his rifle. But he didn't not because it wouldn't work, but it's not worth it. He dropped his sniper rifle and slowly reaches to toss his automatic pistol to the side. Spider-man just stared at him as Shane sits onto one side of the roof and waits for the cops to take him.

-Back at the precinct-

"Yeah, they screwed me over. So what? I can just work for someone that wants those idiots dead." Shane spat. "So why do you care, Captain Benitez?"

"Because we plan to break their spine and you can be part of it." Benitez answered. "If you're interested."

"I'm listening."

Captain Benitez curls his hand to the air. A few moments later, another man more muscular than him enters the interrogation room and sits on the other chair.

"This is Sergeant Oliver Borovich. He's starting a SWAT taskforce to bring the crime syndicate down. I think we can use your talents for the better and give us the information we need." Benitez sighs and presses his hands on the table. "So, what is your answer?"

"Sure..." Shane sighs and finally grinned. "Let's bring that greaseball down."

-Now-

Shane sighed happily as he watched TV from a comfy apartment in Manhattan. The lovely single bedroom with a spacious balcony and a relaxing view of central park was part of the witness protection program he got in, including a new name and story the people in the apartment know him as Brian Wheeler. He had a way to dig up any information from the connections to the criminal underground and pass it over to the cops.

He got up with a wallet in his pocket and a pistol in his holster, as a precaution, and walked into the hallway to go on some errands. He passes by a man in grey and white overalls cleaning up the carpet. It displayed the company name proudly, Squeaky Cleaning Company.

Just as reaches to press the elevator button, the janitor stopped what he's doing and spoke.

"Shane O'Connor?"