Chapter 1

Blood... Blood is all Azalea smelled. Her blood ran cold as she sat in the dark void, alone, with only the dead corpse of her family. Tears ran down her face as she pulled at her honey blonde hair. 'Why?' She thought. 'Why them? Why did I have to be born?' More tears ran down her face as her multi-color eyes swirled around with so many emotions. Angry, sadness, guilt, and so on, the list went on and on. A powerful gust of wind surround her and formed a protective barrier around her fragile body. "AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!" She screamed out in agony.

Azalea eyes shot open as the barrier of wind vanished as quick as it came. She lifted her head, remembering she was in her wolf form. She stretched out her front and back legs, and stood up. She walked out of the cave she took shelter in and headed towards a nearby river. She got her a drink, but as she did she saw her reflection. In her reflection she saw a small, weak she-wolf, with honey blonde fur and multi-color eyes.

She slammed her paw into the water, making her reflection disappear. She hated her eyes. It's because of them her life is ruined. It's because of her... her family is dead.

Azalea decided it was time to move on before 'They' found her again. She made her way through the forest. The tree leaves were just starting to turn red and orange. A few already fallen off the trees and laid on the dry and dusty, forest floor.

A familiar scent settled in the air and it made all of her instincts kick into overdrive. The first thing she did was run. She ran as fast as her legs would carry her. She didn't care how far or where she went, as long as she escaped. She saw a clearing up ahead and made her way to it, but before she made it a large, brown wolf jumped in front of her. She stopped a few feet away from the brown wolf as she snarled at him. She started to back away, but froze as twigs snapped behind her. She looked over her shoulder and saw two large, grey she-wolves.

She growled as the three wolves started to corner her. She knew she had to act now if she was ever going to escape. Without a second thought, she charged at the male wolf in front of her. The brown wolf was ready to defend himself if need be, but what he didn't expect was Azalea to jump into the air and use his back as a spring board. He stumbled forward as she launched herself over him.

Get her, you idiots! Snarled the brown wolf, causing the two she-wolves to chase after Azalea. Azalea ran with every fiber in her being. She could hear the pounding of the ground as the other wolves pursued after her. She saw a rock cliff up ahead and knew she had to jump. As she got closer to the cliff, she bend her back legs, putting all the power she had into them. She leaped into the air, but before she was half way into the air she yelped in pain, as a pair of fangs latched onto her tail. She was yanked backwards, causing her tail more pain. She fell to the ground roughly, and a bit dazed.

Did you really think you could escape us, runt? Snarled the brown wolf. The other wolves walked up to the male wolf and laughed at the sight of the weak she-wolf. I hope Alpha let's us beat her when we get back. Snarled the grey she-wolf on the right. Ya, it would be an awesome reward. Since we had to track her butt down. Snarled the grey she-wolf on the left. I'm sure Alpha wouldn't mind her being a bit roughed up, as long as she's alive that's all that matters. Besides, we can always tell him she wouldn't come quietly. Snarled the brown wolf.

The three wolves glared at the defenseless she-wolf. Without warning, the male wolf latched his fangs into her hind legs, tearing at her joints. She whimpered in pain as searing pain ran through her legs. Seconds later, the two she-wolves joined in, tearing at her sides, back, and legs. Azalea tried to hold in her tears as she was ripped apart from the inside out.

She laid their in pain, not sure how long it's been. Seconds, minutes, maybe even hours. She didn't know. All she wanted was for the pain to stop. Finally, the three wolves finished having their fun. As they got ready to drag the half-dead she-wolf back, the male wolf was tackled to the ground by something that moved faster then they could see. Seconds later, the male wolves let out it's last breath, as it disappeared from this world. The two she-wolf turned to run, but they soon met the same fate as the male wolf.

Azalea fought to stay conscious as she looked up and saw a large, dark figure standing over the three deceased wolves. Fear could be seen within her eyes as she tried to stand. To no avail, she was unable to even lift her front paw. She closed her eyes, as she wanted her death to be a quick and painless one. 'I'll you guys soon...' Was the only thought that went through her mind as she lost the will to stay awake.