"And I you Jack, I thought they were going to kill you" I told him, he lifted my head from his shoulder and looked me in the eyes.

"Who told you that?" He asked.

"Gibbs"

As if he had been summoned by his name Gibbs strolled over to them and Jack fixed him with a fierce glare, the man looked frightened by him but still came over to us.

"Mr Gibbs"

"Yes Captain?"

"Never tell my daughter that I am going to die because that is never going to happen" He said sternly but turned to me when he said the last part, Gibbs nodded in response. The man left and Jack lowered me back to the floor but still gripped my hand.

"Jack!"

We both turned around and saw that Will was stood there, I screamed and his behind Jack's legs and he frowned at me in confusion.

"What's the matter darling?" He asked.

"He is going to kidnap me, please don't let him take me" I cried as a few stray tears fell from my eyes. I could tell that Will was trying to catch my eye but I refused to meet his gaze. Jack looked incredibly angry at what I had said and turned to face Will with a look of pure loathing. The man shrunk a little and I could practically see the steam blowing out from Jack's ears.

"What is the meaning of this!"

"Elizabeth is in danger, she is locked up in a prison and she is sentenced to the gallows for helping you"

"There comes a time where one must take responsibility for their mistakes and what does any of this have to do with my little girl"

It seemed that Will had had enough at this point because he stole a sword from another pirated and grabbed my arm with his other hand, pulling me away from Jack. He laid the sword on Jack's shoulder, right next to his throat and I was trembling with fear.

"I need Miss Madeline here and that compass of yours, I must trade them for Elizabeth's freedom"

Jacks easily moved the sword from his shoulder and walked over to Gibbs who had gone to  the wheel of the ship and was driving the vessel.

"Mr Gibbs, wed have a need to travel up river"

"By need to mean a trifling need?" Gibbs asked, seeming hesitant to do so.

"No, a resolute and unyielding need"

"What we need to do is set sail for Port Royal with all haste" Will cut in while walking back over to where Jack was and pulling me with him as I struggled to break free from his tight grasp.

"What you need to do is let go of my daughter, right now"

Seeing no other option Will released his grip on me and I ran back over to Jack who picked me up again, he tried to silently calm my nerves by rubbing circles on my back as he continued his conversation with Will.

"William, I will give you mu compass, not my daughther, but you can have the compass if you help me find this" His hand left my back and he pulled out the now soggy piece of parchment  that had the faded picture of a key on it. Will looked at is and sent Jack a confused glance.

"You want me to find this?"

"No" The pirate told him "You want you to find this, because the finding of this finds you inconpasitorially finding and or locating in your discovering the detecting of finding a way to save your dorty belle or what's her face, savvy?" He finished.

I can confidently say that I had no idea what Jack had just said, it almost sounded like some strange sort of riddle, and by the look on Wills face, he was thinking exactly the same thing as I am right now. He ripped the parchment from Jacks hand and stared at it for a moment.

"This is going to save Elizabeth?"

"How much do you know about the Davy Jones?" The pirate answered his question with another question.

"Not much" He responded.

"Yeah, that's gonna save Elizabeth"

Will nodded and started up a conversation with Gibbs and Jack walked away from the two, into my and his own cabin. I felt him lower me down on the bed and pull the blankets over me which I had no  objection to since all that running and climbing and falling had made me very tired. I grabbed a stuffed animal and held it close to me as Jack moved a couple of stray hairs away from my face. It was a brown bear that had been gifted to me by father on my 3rd birthday and I loved it with all my heart, just like I did my father. Jack hated the bear and I knew it, I don't know why he hated it though buy he has never said anything about it.

"I'm scared" I admitted to Jack in a small voice.

"There is no need to be darling, I will make sure that idiot stays far away from you and I wont let him take you away, I promised you that I will always protect you and never let you be taken from me again and I intend to keep that promise" He said and I nodded as my eye lids became heavy and closed over my eyes, I felt jack rub his thumb over my cheek and kiss my temple.

"I love you Maddy" He whispered to me.

"I love you to Jack"

Jacks P.O.V

My poor baby, she must be exhausted, Madeline had drifted off to sleep but I stayed in my spot on the edge of her bed, I wasn't going to let her out of my sight until Will was long gone from my ship. I already lost my baby once and I was not going to let it happen again. My eyes went from her sweet, little face down the the bear that laid in her arms, ugh, I despised that bear. Every time I see it, it reminds me that my little girl still thinks of that stupid Governor as her Dad rather than me, I don't blame her though, he was there for her for most of her life but it still sends a wave of sadness through me when she calls me Jack. She had never called me Dad, only on accident when she wasn't thinking which hurt me greatly but I will never tell her that, she would fell guilty, bless her, and I don't want that. I just want her to be happy and I still hold out hope that she will call me her Dad one day instead of the Governor, and when that day finally comes, it will be the happiest day of my life.