--------------------------

Rhye

Rhye set the wrench down in frustration. He shook his hand out and wiped his bloody knuckles on a rag.

He looked up to see Kat holding out a glass of lemonade. He smiled at her, his mood all ready lightning.

"Thank you baby." he said as he took it from her.

"I figured you could use some lunch." she said as she held out a bag containing a sandwich.

"I could. I am starving."

He took it and bit into it after saying grace.

"Hmmmm" he mumbled.

"It's just pb&j." she admitted. "but it's the only thing I can make."

He chuckled. "It's delicious."

"What were you doing?" she asked.

"Trying to change a spark plug on the tractor, but it isn't going well."

"Why?"

"My hand it too big."

Katrina walked over and took the wrench from the table. She looked at the end of it and placed it on the bolt. She quickly twisted it and smiled triumphantly when it came off.

"My hand is small enough." she said looking at Rhye.

"Do you think you can put this one back on?"

She nodded and quickly attached ethe new plug.

"Great job baby!" he praised as he kissed her head. "Now I can plow the field for cotton."

Rhye looked up when he head a clank and chuckled when he saw Caitlin sprawled on the ground.

"Are you ok?!" Kat asked,running over to her.

"Yeah." she answered as she brushed herself off.

"I need to talk to you." She said to Rhye.

He nodded. "Kat, Caitlin and I will be in my office if you need me." he said as he put his arm around Caitlin. He had a feeling she was bringing bad news.

Katrina nodded. "Have fun." she said, making Caitlin snort.

"So what's up?" Rhye asked as he sat behind his desk. Caitlin pulled back a chair and sat down.

"I got my progress report today." she admitted.

He nodded for he to continue.

"I am failing three classes and if I don't get my grades up in six weeks I will be expelled." she rushed out. She took the approach of ripping off a band aide. The faster you do it, the quicker the pain is over.

Rhye sighed and rubbed his temples. "Are you having trouble with your studies?"

"No sir. I have A's on everything I turned in."

"Caitlin, don't address me as sir. I am your brother. I am speaking with you because I care about your future, not to intimidate you." Rhye gently reminded her.

"You don't understand." Caitlin cried.

Her tears surprised Rhye. She wasn't an emotional person. He pushed his chair back from his desk and walked over to her. "Help me understand?" he asked.

"I can't breath in school. I am just cold all over and my heart beats so fast. Nothing I do helps." she cried.

He reached up and rubbed her back. "Ok baby, calm down." he cooed.