/25/⚠︎︎ Pain ⚠︎︎

Start from the beginning

"Yeah." Akari smiled at her. It wasn't a convincing one at that. It was a forced smile. Just yesterday, her father also told her not to go to school just yet, after her sudden panic. But she insisted, she wanted to go to school that bad.

She glanced at the desk beside her. Empty.

She glanced at the desk just a chair behind Nene on her row. Empty.

Both Akane and Aoi were nowhere to be found.

Soon enough, classes started, and Teru left the room as well. Her mind was clouded with thoughts. She couldn't focus on a single lesson that they discussed.

The day ended in a flash. The corridors were emptied, only some club members outside doing sports. Akari was left in their classroom, since Teru was going to aid her home. He was still in the student council room.

It was a bit idiotic to be honest, he could've just took her with him than leave her alone in the room. Akari needed company. She glanced at the room, seeing Nene's bag still in the room. But she was nowhere to be found.

Akari wanted to walk so bad. Without any help, she tried to stand up from the wheel chair, starting to feel pretty dizzy.

(Just wanna share, I have been through a lot of surgeries (I have an eye impairment) and everytime I go back from the room where I'll get conscious to the room where I was before getting the surgery, I'm always on a friggin wheelchair and everytime I try to keep my composure I feel extremely dizzy. I tried to stand up everytime too, but I end up really dizzy again and sometimes vomit.)

(Sry for the 'vomit' word)

She stood up from the wheelchair, and supported herself by the table. Now she felt extremely dizzy, beads of sweat running down her forehead. It was like her vision was paralyzed. She carefully walked through the door, knocking some things as she go. She took a wrong step, ruining the balance she was trying to maintain, she got out of the classroom, her body collided with the wall, earning a loud thud that echoed through the hallway. She sat helplessly on the floor, her hair covering her face.

She heard footsteps coming towards her, though she didn't had the strength to look up, only hearing their voices.

"Akari-chan!"

It was Nene, grabbing her shoulders then tucking the hair that was covering her face behind her ear.

"Can you hear me?!?" She said panicking at Akari's sight.

"Calm down Yashiro! Uhm...uhm...yeah! Call Minamoto-senpai!" Hanako suggested who was also looking worried. Nene agreed and quickly ran with her daikon legs to the student council room.

//

"Minamoto-senpai!" A voice echoed through the corridors. Teru, who was writing some papers alone in the room, stood up to check what was it about. He walked through the door and peeked seeing Nene running towards the room. She supported herself at the doorframe, catching her breath and spoke.

"Akari-chan is...."

Teru needed no more words. Those 3 were enough. He excused himself to Nene and ran to where Akari was, his footsteps echoed through the hallway.

Soon enough, he saw Akari, trying to stand up on her own again, desperately holding onto the wall. He can also see Hanako, who was trying to stop her. But then she shouted.

"I DONT NEED YOUR HELP."

She said slumping back on the floor again, and started to sob.

"I.....don't need anyone's help....." she said between sobs.

Teru walked up to her and kneeled in her level, asking her what was wrong. Akari just faced down. He sighed and turned around.

"Here, climb on. Let's talk elsewhere." Teru said sternly. Akari knew what was coming if she didn't listen. He would call her dad. She reached up to Teru's shoulders and gently wrapped her arms. While Teru took her legs and wrapped it around his waist and gave her a piggy back ride. Before leaving, He gave a 'go to your girlfriend' look at Hanako, who quickly turned red.

"She's not my girlfriend....." Hanako muttered as they parted ways.

Akari buried her head on Teru's shoulders.

"I met Yuki again." She said nonchalantly as they sat on a bench outside the building. Teru gave her a confused look. She was talking crazy just after doing something crazy. Akari gave him a 'you don't believe me?' Look. Teru sighed as he stared  up to the sky.

"So? What did she say?"

Akari smirked at his serious, layed back expression. Not to mention a blush forming in his cheeks.

"You're curious?" She asked as Teru's gaze went to her.

"Why wouldn't I be? She doesn't even shows up in my dreams, then you'll just suddenly see her out of the blue?" He asked. He does have a point.

"She told me she'll haunt us if we do something stupid." Akari blankly said.

"You're joking right?" Teru asked.

"No." She said as Teru relaxed back in his seat.

"So? What's with you earlier?"

"I wanna walk." Akari said in a serious tone.

"Not without my help." Teru added.

"I don't want any help."

Teru raised a brow. Like hell she could do that without any help.

"Teru-kun........" Akari placed a hand on Teru's shoulders as his eyes widened. It has been a long time since she called him that.

"Since when....."

"Hmm....when I fell in the hole. My head hit the floor pretty hard." Akari said as she gave a small smile at Teru.

"Who wouldn't....." He muttered.

"By the way......did you really had a crush on me before?"

"Well.............." Teru said as his face instantly turned red.

"Well? Kou-kun told me." Akari smirked at his flustered state.

"I did.....but....I'm too good for you." Teru proudly said as Akari rolled her eyes.

"If you say so."

Teru stood up from his seat and stood infront of Akari, which gave him a confused look. He offered a hand to Akari.

"You wanna walk right?" Teru asked as Akari stared at his hand, not really sure if she'd let him help her. But, she didn't have a choice, really. She wanted to walk again so bad.

Slowly, Akari accepted his help, she held both Teru's shoulders as his hands travelled to her waist, for support.

(Hmmmm u thinking something dirty there aren't you?)

She stood up as Teru started slowly walking backwards, out of instinct, Akari was starting to do some baby steps.

"See you're doing it!" Teru said with a smile as Akari smiled to herself.

But soon enough Teru took a wrong step backward and stumbled, hitting the floor, with Akari on top.

Karma is a b*tch.

"Ow....." Teru said as he scratched his head. He heard Akari softly laugh. He opened his eyes seeing her features. She was in her usual bright expression again.

"One more time! One more time!" Akari said as she got off of Teru.

He hummed in response as he stood up and helped Akari rise from her feet.

At the end of the day, Akari smiled brightly again, free of worry.

=========End of chapter 25=======