"A Father's Love"

How much your life can change in several years.
It's really amazing when one thinks about it, and it was days like this that Branch really meditated on this concept.
In a span of several years,
Branch had gone from Troll's Village's infamous paranoid hermit,
to the Queen's angel voiced best friend,
to the Queen's hopeless romantic boyfriend,
to Trollstopia's Pop King, devoted husband to Queen Poppy, and pretty soon after,
Father to Princess Rosie.
Every shift was one he would do all over again if he ever had to because it was perfect, absolutely perfect, there was really no other way to describe it any better than that.
These changes, of course, weren't without their bit of hardship.
Every change had pushed Branch more and more out of his comfort zone, which is emotionally and socially draining for an introvert like Branch. Being by his love's side for the rest of his days would inevitably make him a public figure, which was daunting to Branch as it would be to anyone, but was a very small price to pay to be with that beautiful pink ball of energy that his heart belonged to, and would always belong to.
Most days he was lucky to have Poppy by his side during most royal affairs of the day, but on rare occasions they did have to split up in order to double task.
Today was unfortunately one of those days.
Branch had been swamped from dusk to dawn with meetings, christenings, grand openings, and parties to attend which were never as fun without his family. Poppy's day had also been busy but Branch had offered to finish up the rest of the royal tasks of the day so Poppy could get back home to Rosie, who was being babysat by CJ, DJ's niece, because they hadn't been with Rosie all day.
Needless to say, Branch was exhausted as he headed home to his pod that night. The weight of that crown on his head weighing his mind and soul down, not to mention his feet felt like lead from physical fatigue. A worn, warm smile spread across his face as he reached their pod entrance.
"Hey guys, I'm home!", he called as he entered the pod, stretching his back, and taking his crown off. He was surprised to be met by his wife at the entrance to their pod as she put a finger to his lips.
"Ssh, Branch, come with me, you need to see this, but be quiet, you don't want to ruin the surprise", Poppy whispered eagerly, with a huge smile on her face, taking his hand and leading him to the entrance of their bedroom.
"Poppy, what do you mean, what is thi-", he was cut off again by her shushing him.
"Branch, please, just look in", Poppy whispered gesturing towards the bedroom which Branch, being reluctant at first, eventually complied with his wife's request. What he saw before him did not disappoint him in the least.
There, in front of their mirror, was little Rosie putting on an entire performance blissfully unaware of her proud parents watching her. She was singing "Trolls Just Wanna Have Good Times" and was doing her very best to impersonate her mom, Queen Poppy. She even had her mom's crown on even though it kept falling because it was too big for her head. So during her performance she had to keep adjusting it as it continually would fall in her face. She had all her mom's moves and gestures down too. So Rosie sang,
"Woke up,
In the morning light,
Today is the day,
That I do everything right,
Now that I'm queen,
I've got a kingdom to run,
And Trolls they wanna have fu-un,
Yeah, Trolls just wanna have fun
(They just wanna, they just wa-a-a-ant)
(They just wanna)
Trolls just wanna have fun!"
Both Poppy and Branch were beaming at this impromptu but wonderful spectacle. Branch couldn't help but be brought in a better mood by this and he thought he would have a little fun as well, after all his part was coming up. So he looked to Poppy and made a quiet gesture, and began to quietly creep up behind Rosie, making Poppy giggle softly. When he got to his little girl he scooped her up in his arms, startling her, but in the best way possible.
"Daddy!", she said excitedly when she saw who her stealthy assailant was and Branch had her in his arms just in time for his part.
Branch sang,
"Lived underground,
To get away from the world,
Till I had my life changed,
By a beautiful girl (as he sang this he nuzzled noses with Rosie, making her giggle in response)
Just need the guts (he spins around with Rosie)
To tell her that she's the one (Tosses Rosie then catching her in his arms again and hugging her close)
But you know,
Trolls they wanna have fu-un,
Yeah, Trolls just wanna have-"
"Come on my princess, can you help daddy with the rest of the song?", he asked Rosie ,who was always eager to sing with her father, nodded in response to his question , so they began to sing in unison.
"That's all they really wa-a-a-a-a-a-ant,
Some fu-u-u-u-u-u-un,
When the working day is done,
Yeah, Trolls they wanna have fu-un,
Yeah Trolls just wanna have-"
And they both finished the song together with Poppy joining in with them before the very end, Poppy could never resist a good jam, especially with her two favorite trolls. She withheld from joining in as long as she did because the sight of them together warmed her heart to no end.
"Alright, you two, it's dinner time, and pretty soon after that, it's bedtime for little princesses", Poppy said escorting both her husband and daughter, still in his arms, into the dining room.
"Otay Mommy, but can Daddy tell me a story before bedtime?", she asked her parents.
"Of course I can Rosebud", Branch said, kissing Rosie on the forehead.
Dinner flew by and soon Rosie was tucked in for bed, and as Branch had promised, but as he did every night, sat up in Rosie's bed with her, as she nuzzled up next to him, laying her head up on his chest as he held her close.
"What story do you want to hear tonight Rosebud?", he asked.
"Can you tell me the story about uniting the troll tribes and when you told Mommy you loved her?"
"I tell that story a lot pumpkin"
"It's one of my favorites", Rosie said, closing her eyes laying against his chest, so she could fully focus on the story about to be told.
"Ooo I love this one too, make room for Mommy!", Poppy said overhearing the story decision and making her way into Rosie's bedroom, getting in and sitting up in Rosie's bed, nuzzling next to the other side of her husband that Rosie wasn't against.
"I have to admit, It's one my favorites too, and now, if everyone's cozy, can I begin?, Branch asked both his girls, which they both simultaneously nodded against his chest.
"Okay, once upon a time...", Branch told the story just like he had, it seemed, a million times before, but it didn't matter. Nights like these, with both of the trolls who meant the most to him in his arms, were worth telling a tired tale over and over again,
And he would keep telling the story as long as these sort of nights would last forever,
All the trouble of his days would always be worth coming home to his perfect life, his perfect family, and perfect nights like this.
The Perfect End

The song "Trolls Just Wanna Have Good Times" belongs to Dreamworks Trolls World Tour soundtrack, and inadvertently, Justin Timberlake, the album's music producer. The title "A Father's Love" is loosely based on George Strait's song of the same name. Rosie is my Broppy Child OC, you can see what she looks like in the cover image for the story because it's my artwork. Hope y'all enjoy 😘