••••••

Renjun raised an questioning eyebrow at Amelia when she appeared in front of his door early morning with Sehun's beloved puppy, Vivi, in her arms. She smiled sheepishly when she realized Renjun must have just woken up.

"What suddenly brings you here?" He didn't want to sound rude or anything, he was just curious at the sudden appearance of the girl.

She placed Vivi down as the puppy happily sat on her feet, as if he was preventing her from leaving.

Amelia dared not meet his eyes and chuckled to not make him worry, "Why, am I not allowed to come over?"

Renjun scoffed and shook his head though he knew she couldn't see him. He sighed, staring at her back as she stood up, gently placing Vivi on the carpet and ran towards the kitchen. He followed her suit, "It's nothing like that. You're free to come over."

Amelia hummed and looked through his kitchen, lips pursed in a thin line when she noticed the lack of snacks on his fridge and cabinet. She turned around to meet his deep gaze and she had to look away because of how he was staring at her. For Renjun, it wasn't new for her to come over to his house for playing games or hanging out. But she always made sure to inform him about it, not that he was complaining about it that time. But for some reason, her sudden appearance made it unsettling for her to just randomly hangout with him on a Sunday. He very well knew how much she loved being home on weekends and only sleep and be lazy. However he brushed off those thoughts, holding onto the hope that whatever she was going through, she'd trust him enough to open up about it.

"Have you had breakfast?"

"Nope." He answered, drawing out the letter 'p' and walked to her side to see her readying a waffle mix. He smiled warmly and shook his head, remembering her absolute love for waffles, specifically Belgian Waffles .

After their chatty breakfast and Amelia coughing in between because of talking so much, avoiding the mention of Sehun's name no matter what, even if she wanted to blabber all the events of the day before and cry out her feelings of how special he made her feel, the two casually talked and washed the dishes. However, her avoidance of mentioning Sehun didn't go unnoticed by Renjun. He was aware of how she avoided topics where Sehun could come up.

"Avoiding him, are you?"

Amelia's eyes travelled up towards Renjun who stood with a frown decorating his features, hands on his hips. He looked hilarious but that was no time to joke around because when Renjun was serious, he was dead serious about things.

"Something's wrong, isn't it?" He suspected yet again when she didn't say anything.

Amelia was aware that it was almost an hour and a half since she came to his house but as she stared at the television ahead of her, she was thinking ideas of what to say to him. She shook her head, trying to muster up a smile, "Nothing's wrong. And why would I avoid Sehun?"

Renjun raised an accusing brow at her, "I didn't mention Sehun."

Busted.

She grunted at herself for even mentioning him and for wavering even a little in front of Renjun.

"It's nothing serious."

"Then why are you here?"

"I just wanted to hangout with - "

"Cut the bullshit and tell me what's going on, please."

Renjun cut her short and looked at her as her confident front mitigated under his scrutinizing gaze but he softened when he saw tears pooling her eyes. He sat by her side and pulled her into a hug which she gladly welcomed. Her silent cries broke his heart as she explained to him about what happened the other day.