PRELUDE

❝The Destruction of Innocence

❝The Destruction of Innocence... ❞

—🌟—

WARNINGS; MENTIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT

      Before the 20th of January 2019 Alain Quinn had a picturesque and idealistic view of the world that surrounded her—pretty naive now that she thinks about it. Don't get her wrong, she knew that villains existed, she wasn't a fool. She was just naive in the sense that she believed her father would keep away the monsters that lurked in the shadows, after all her father was police man. Grant Quinn was a man who had excelled in his training, becoming one of the youngest ever detectives in the NYPD—that was before he left the big apple after his divorce scandal. Even over a thousand miles away, Alain Quinn her father would protect her from the monsters luring in the shadows. Oh how she was horrifically wrong with that assumption...

      On the night of the 20th of January, after returning from a party with her mothers boyfriend after feeling sick, Alain Quinn stumbled into her bed clumsily, not even bothering to change out of expensive, designer dress before passing out. What Alain Quinn didn't know was that she had been drugged—coursing through her blood was roofies, the date rape drug. What Alain Quinn didn't know at the time was that her mothers boyfriend had personally drugged the soda she had been drinking all night. However, what her fathers boyfriend, Thomas Seymour hadn't expected was for the drug to wear off...

      Alain Quinn can perfectly remember blearily opening her eyes as she felt someone caressing her face, her senses overwhelmed by the scent of tequila and cocaine. Alain can remember her crying out in fear and terror as he snapped and ripped off her dress and lacy underwear she had chosen in a daze of utter glee earlier in the night in a haste. The next memory which will forever haunt her is the burning she felt in her womanhood as she screamed out in pain. She can remember her head being smashed against the headboard she was being pinned to.

       The next memory Alain recalls is her sisters roar of anguish as she blearily blinked her hazy eyes open. She easily spotted the murderous glint in her sisters cerulean orbs as het eyes tracked the bruises all over her partially naked body. Alain cried out in relief as she spotted her sister, who surged forward, whacking their mothers boyfriend over the head with a glass face before he slumped to the ground. Immediately she draped a blanket over her form, dragging her into her sisters arms as Alain Quinn allowed tears to fall from her haunted eyes. Gone was her easily smiles, instead the former optimistic and bubbly girl was gone. She was a shell of her former self, her innocence and naivety destroyed beyond repair ....