"You've definitely been thinking hard about a lot of things," he declared, setting his spoon aside.

"How do you know?"

"Because," he brought his hands up towards your face, his thumbs landing on the space between your brows. He gently rubbed at the crease you had there, forcing you to relax your features, "I can see that you're carrying all those big thoughts right here."

"It's a long story," you warned him, letting your eyes flutter closed as you enjoyed the soothing motions of his fingers along your forehead.

"I don't mind."

"Mm," you acknowledged his statement with a hum, trying to piece your thoughts together into something coherent to tell Kun. "So now that I have my powers, Sicheng suggested that we all do some patrols. We being me, Taeyong, Jeno, Yuta, Johnny, Renjun, Sicheng, Jungwoo, and Sungchan. Jungwoo and Sungchan weren't there the night you and Doyoung picked us up from the café, by the way."

"I do know them, though. The Tsukumo-gami brothers. Jungwoo's a... flute, and Sungchan's a drum."

Your eyes opened just the tiniest bit to look at him as you questioned, "How do you know them?"

"Most older Ayakashi in one area will know each other. Or at least of each other."

"How old are you guys?"

"Jungwoo and Sungchan are older than me by a tenfold at least, but it still applies. They're both well over a thousand years old. So comparatively, I'm a very spritely 196."

This time your eyes fully snapped open at this information, "Seriously?"

"Seriously," he confirmed. "You should ask your friends how old they are sometime, I think most of their answers would surprise you."

"Noted."

"Continue, Y/N."

"Right," you closed your eyes once more as he resumed his ministrations. "So Sicheng suggested that we all do some patrols together. They're going to be two or three times a week, at night after everyone's off work and out of class. Just you know... patrolling around the city and seeing what the Wraiths are up to. That's not really my problem, though, I'm fine with the patrols."

"So what's bothering you?"

"After my class today, I ran into one of my classmates and his roommate. And it turns out my classmate is an Onmyoji too, and his roommate is one of his True Ayakashi. I brought this up at the little meeting tonight, thinking that they could help us, you know? But they all like freaked out when I mentioned Mark being an Onmyoji."

Kun's thumbs stopped for a split-second, but as soon as you opened one eye to look at him questioningly, he continued again.

"Why is that?"

"They think the Wraiths are becoming as powerful as they are because an Onmyoji is providing the power. And they think the Onmyoji is Mark."

"I see."

"I just don't know how they can think he's doing this without meeting him! Just because he's an Onmyoji doesn't mean he's doing this, there could be another Onmyoji here doing it. Right?"

"Could be, yeah," he agreed.

"And I don't know Mark very well, but we've gotten lunch at the dining hall a couple times, and sit together in class, and I already told him that we could get lunch next week, I'd have to explain why I'm cancelling on him."

"So you're going to get lunch with him."

You opened one of your eyes, sly smirk on your face, "Jealous, Kun?"