Welcome to Detention

Hi! I'm Carson Bender! I am 5 years old and I love to draw pictures, most are them are my brother since he is basically my 'muse.' But it's alright. I have FAS because most likely how my parents are right now which is passed out drunk is how my mom was when she had me. Well forget about my sob story let's move onto my story!

(Carson POV)

I was sleeping peacefully until I was shaken awake by no other than my brother John Bender. "What's up Johnny I'm not supposed to go to your friend's house yet." I say while rubbing my eyes tiredly. "I know sweets but I've decided to take you to detention with me." He says whispering. I nod my head and start getting up. "What time is it?" I ask him while grabbing my clothes. "It's 6:25 sweets." He says and I nod. I tip-toe to the restroom and I start getting ready. My outfit consists of a oversized sweatshirt that was John's, and I wore leggings with worn out converse. I walk out of the restroom and grabbed my brush and started taming my hair. John peeps his head in my room. "C'mon Carson we gotta go." He says and I nod. I go to grab my sketchbook and I meet Johnny outside my room door. We both walk down the stairs quietly and we both see our parent's passed out drunk on the sofa. We opened the door and walked out. John grabbed my hand as we walked down the street to get to the school.

(Time Skip)

John and I are walking down the street to the school, but a car skidded to a stop next to us which made me flinch but I kept walking along with John. We walked into the library and John was pushing everything off of the desk, I started getting drowsier so when John lifted my onto his lap I immediately fell asleep. I was abruptly awoken when I heard someone walk into the library. "Well...well. Here we are! I want to congratulate you for being on time..." A man says and according to John's eye roll this must be Vernon. The red headed girl in front of me raises her hand. "Excuse me, sir? I think there's been a mistake. I know it's detention, but...um...I don't think I belong in here..." I just look at her. I mean we don't belong here but I feel like she did something really stupid that got her here. Vernon ignores her and continues. " It is now seven-oh-six. You have exactly 8 hours and fifty-four minutes to think about why you're here. To the ponder the of your ways..." Vernon says, John leans back and spits his saliva in the air and catches it. I lean my head to the side questioningly and John smiles at me. I notice Claire gag at John's actions. "And you may not talk." Vernon says looking at the Red head. "You may not move from these seats." He says looking at the blondie. "And you." He goes over to the table where John and I are at. "...will not sleep. people, we're going to try something a little different today. We are going to write an essay--of no less than a thousand words--describing to me who you think you are." Vernon says passing the paper out. He didn't give me one as he glanced at me without giving me another glance. John questions from next to me. "Is this a test?" Vernon ignores him. "And when I say essay...I mean essay. I do not mean a word repeated a thousand times. Is that clear Mr. Bender?" Vernon questions my brother and I look to him. "Crystal." John says. I was used to his attitude to others since he never used it on me. 

"Good. Maybe you'll learn a little something about yourself. Maybe you'll even--decide whether or not you care to return." Vernon says going to the front. Blondie raises his hand and stands up. "You know, I can answer that right now sir...That'd be "No", no for me. 'cause..." Vernon apparently doesn't care. "Sit down Johnson." He says. "Thank you sir." Johnson apparently says. "My office..." He points out to the hallway. "...is right across that hall. Any monkey business is ill-advised..." He says to all of us. "Any questions?" He asks us all. "Yeah I got a question." John says. "Does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?" John questions. I give a cheeky smile but I don't laugh. "I'll give you the answer to that question, Mr. Bender, next Saturday. Don't mess with the bull young man, you'll get the horns." Vernon says as he leaves. "That man is a brownie hound." John says, I nod with him then turn to him questioningly. "What's a brownie hound?" I ask tilting my head as some of the others laugh.