9. Big Arrivals

En başından başla

There was a folded blanket on the end of the couch, so he grabbed it and wrapped it around his body, wondering how the hell was the house so cold in the morning. What time was it, anyways? Now that he thought about it, did Xiaojun even have a clock in the house?

Early or not, Donghyuck's stomach was rumbling, so he stumbled his way into the kitchen, accidentally stubbing his toe against the kitchen table, and he had to bite his lips raw in order to not let out a scream.

He did fall onto the floor, though, as he held his foot, whining about the pain. Surely he did something in his past life to deserve all this misery? What could he have possibly done anyways?!

"My poor toes!" he cried quietly, biting his lip while groaning. They hurt so bad, someone please just cut them off now-

Donghyuck felt someone carry him, and if it weren't for the pain in his toes, he would have twisted his body to see who it was, but frankly, he didn't care at the moment.

The person set him down on the soft couch, and that's when Donghyuck got a good look at the person who turned out to be-

"Are you okay?" Mark asked him, standing in front of him.

Donghyuck stared at him with wide eyes, confused. He had completely forgotten about the assassin robot superhuman whatever guy they had held hostage.

"I'm fine," he lied, even though he still wanted to die inside. "Johnny always calls me clumsy, anyways."

Mark nodded, looking at the ground where Donghyuck fell where the latter had dropped the blanket after falling in agony. Without thinking twice, he walked towards it and picked up the blanket.

"The temperature in the house is below sixty degrees," Mark informed him, laying the blanket of Donghyuck's body. "You have to stay warm and not get sick."

"I'll have you known, I have a good immune system," Donghyuck said. "Unlike Johnny and my parents. They always got sick."

Mark nodded again. "Better safe than sorry."

"Yeah, better safe than... sorry..." Donghyuck muttered.

Mark looked out the window and headed towards the door. "It was nice to meet you," he said, opening the door to leave. "But I must go, if by what you guys have told me is true, Jaehyun has a possibility of being in danger-"

Donghyuck sat up on the couch, his dramatic antics about his stubbed toes gone. "Who's Jaehyun?"

"The... the one in charge of me," Mark said. He didn't know the intentions of these people, and even though he sensed they were harmless, he did not get a good vibe from the brother who kept making accusations about him. Maybe he would betray him in the long run, Mark thought. Yeah, it was better to be safe then sorry, as he said. He's heard that quote from Jaehyun before, multiple times. "I'm sensing he might be in danger, and I need to go back and help him."

"But you're a wanted criminal!" Donghyuck explained. He grabbed one of the newspapers on the coffee table and held it up for Mark to see. "See? You and some other people were seen and people think you are working together."

Mark's eyes widened when he saw the picture of Model L. He had been given a name last minute, but he had forgotten, since the four of them were soon given their orders. "Oh no."

"Yeah, they didn't get you and these others that well, but first of all, you're in that exact same outfit," Donghyuck pointed out, referencing the dark clothing Mark had on. "They're going to know you in the first five seconds after you walk out of that door."

Mark looked down on his clothing. There were a lot of enhanced fibers that Jaehyun had woven together for the five of them, making it fireproof, waterproof, cut resistant, and didn't weigh him down. "This outfit is for my protection."