Chapter 10 - The Ex and the Ex

Start from the beginning

Yi Wenze glanced at her, his face placid.

"Honest." She felt only rattled and unable to think. She wanted to say many things to explain, but ultimately she did not even know what Gu Yu had said and even more so did not know what she should explain... Seeing that Yi Wenze still had not spoken, she grew more anxious. "I know we just started our relationship not long ago, but I hate the fickle types who constantly change their affections, or people who are already eating from their own bowl but still keeping an eye in the pot. You know, having basic morals is really important..."

The car suddenly halted. Even more panicked now, Jia He fixed her eyes on him.

He gave a light smile. "We're there."

Huh?! Only now did Jia He turn her head to the side for a look. Sure enough, they were downstairs of her apartment building.

Her whole soul still wound up, she turned back and continued staring at Yi Wenze. "Are you still mad?"

Unable to contain himself any longer, a laugh slipped from Yi Wenze. "He really did not say a single word."

"He just left without saying a single word?" She still could not make herself believe this.

If she had seen correctly just now, Yi Wenze should only have lowered his head and said one sentence and then that car had driven away.

As she watched Yi Wenze give a nod, only one word, scrawled in blood-red letters, popped up in her mind: SECKILL.

<>Copyright of Fanatical, hui3r[dot]wordpress[dot]com. Translated with the express permission of the author for hui3r[dot]wordpress[dot]com only

A smile on his lips, Yi Wenze shook his head. "Let's go now."

With that, he opened his door and stepped out of the car.

For three seconds, Jia He still sat dazedly inside. Then immediately she jumped out and circled in front of the car to stand before him. "I'll just go up by myself." If he were to make an appearance at the front door of her home, there was a hundred and twenty percent chance her mom would have a heart attack...

Yi Wenze looked down at her. "What's wrong?"

The light cast from the outdated street lamps was as faint as moonlight.

Her entire face was enveloped in that soft glow, her eyes riveted on him, as if she had words to say but was also wavering and weighing out the matter. All around, it was very tranquil. Indistinct sounds could be heard of a family on the first floor making dinner and discussing the rising cost of green vegetables. A real atmosphere of normal, everyday life imbued their surroundings. Except the person in front of her. He was too unreal.

After faltering over her words, she finally ended up saying that same sentence again. "I'll just go up by myself."

His voice lowered. "What is it that's the matter?"

"We just started our relationship." She finally mustered up the bravery to state her thoughts aloud. "I don't think I should let my mom see you too early... I'll just go up by myself this time to get the stuff, okay?"

With an expression somewhere between tears and laughter, Yi Wenze asked, "I can't be brought out to show people?"

Jia He hastily clarified, "No... I just feel it's too soon. And who you are is so special, too."

She gazed at him, and gazed at him some more, gazing at him in earnestness.

Finally, Yi Wenze nodded, agreeing to this, and motioned to her to go upstairs.