Chapter 5- New Student

Start from the beginning

   But Kit also said he was going to see that someone soon, today actually. But who in the Scholomance did Kit know? Ty didn't think Kit knew anyone, apart from himself. But Kit wasn't in love with Ty, that was impossible! Why would Kit leave Ty if he loved him?

   Ty  was distracted for the rest of the class, his head filled with thoughts of Kit. As he was leaving the hall, Kit called out to him, he ignored Kit and decided to go to lunch a bit late. Instead he went back to his room to get some drawing supplies before heading back to the cafeteria.

   He got a cheese sandwich, an apple and a bottle of water from the food offered. He walked over to his usual table, rather small, with only two seats, near the back of the room. Taking out his pencils and sketch pad, he pulled up a picture of an iguana on his phone and started drawing. He sat there for twenty eight minutes eating with one hand and drawing with the other but was interrupted when a recognizable voice spoke.

   "Hey, can I sit here?" Kit said, sounding unsure and nervous, totally different to three minutes ago when he had been laughing and joking with some of the more popular Shadowhunters who were attending the school.

   Ty didn't want to talk to Kit. Kit had left him when he needed him the most, without saying goodbye. Ty wasn't going to pay attention until he got a decent apology from the blond.

   "Ok, well, I came to say hello and that...." Kit trailed off for a moment, choosing his next words carefully, "I'm really sorry, Ty. I shouldn't have left like I did, it was wrong and immature and I regret my decision every day"

    "You regret leaving or not saying goodbye?" Ty questioned, wanting to be absolutely clear as to what was being said.

   "I...I don't know, both, I guess. I sometimes wish I didn't leave because I wasn't there for you when you needed me and I regret that every waking moment, but I really came to love Jem and Tessa, they were so kind and understanding when they took me in, and I love Mina too. She's adorable, you should meet her some time, she can be quite silly when she wants to be. And now I'm babbling, sorry. I'm sorry for not being there for you when you needed me Ty and I hope that you can forgive me, someday at least"

   Ty sat there for a moment, mulling over what Kit had said and thought the apology was sincere enough, but he wasn't ready to forgive Kit just yet. 

   "I accept your apology but I don't know if I forgive you" He choose not to say 'yet' because that would give Kit hope, and he wanted Kit to see what it was like to be around Ty but unable to talk to him like he used to.

   "I understand" Kit looked slightly upset, but forced a smile on his face when Ty looked up at him. 

   Kit walked back to a larger table where Kit's new friends sat. How did he make friends so quickly, he had been there for seventy four minutes and already had many friends, but Ty had been there for two years and still only felt comfortable talking to Irene, Anush, Livvy's ghost and the professors.

   Once he finished his lunch, and his drawing, he decided to go back to his room and study Ancient Runes before the class started at 3pm. He ended up going to the library, where the class was held, sixteen minutes before the professor showed up to start the class so he could read his book that Emma had sent him from Mexico, where she had chosen to take her travel year to.

   It was a book about animals native to Mexico and Ty was currently reading a chapter based on spider monkeys. They were very interesting mammals, ninety percent of their diet was fruit which they ate whole, instead of chewing it. 

   Once the class had started Ty put his book back into his bag and took notes on anything he thought would be relevant to the tests they would receive at the end of the year. He sat through the class with the feeling of someone's eyes on his back and rushed out of the room when the professor had dismissed them.

   As he had no more classes that day, he stayed in his room studying the new material and revising over last week's. He skipped dinner, and was grateful when Anush brought him back some of the roast chicken and boiled carrot slices, with extra chicken for Irene.

   That night Ty fell asleep with Irene curled at his side and Livvy whispering encouraging words to him whenever tears threatened to spill from the corners of his eyes. He eventually fell asleep around midnight and he knew he would be a bit groggy in the morning, but a cup a coffee would help with that.

                                                           ~~~

So second chapter tonight! I'm probably always going to be posting at night because I'm basically nocturnal at this point. The pandemic has really screwed up my sleep schedule.

If there's any grammatical errors please tell me!

Please comment, vote and follow!

Yours, LittleBunny xxx