"Because I never wanted to be"

Start from the beginning

"Yeah c'mon. Let's all sit and talk. Yaoyarozu said that Aang wants to get to know us all more," Uraraka says excitedly looking at Bakugo with puppy eyes hoping she could convince him. Bakugo looks back at her trying to keep his composure. She looks at him a little longer and eventually he gives in.

Rolling his eyes at her, he lets go of Kirishima, dropping him on the floor, and retreats back to his original spot on one of the couches. As he sits down he mutters incoherently, but the few words they catch aren't all that pleasant sounding.

"So Aang, you said you wanted to get to know us more right? So what it is you want to know?" Mina asks giving her a big smile.

"Well, anything really. What you do for fun, maybe more about your school, or about your world entirely and more about quirks." Aang says sharing Mina's enthusiasm.

"If you want to know about quirks, then Midoriya's the one to ask. This guy takes note of basically everyone's quirk. Go ahead Midoriya, tell her about it," Kaminari says directing the last part at Midoriya.

"Okay well. Quirks are unique powers that 80% of the world's population has. Quirks are usually passed down by parents. Its not always exactly the same as what their parent had," Midoriya says summing it up. Aang nods her head in understanding looking very interested.

"Sooooo. Tell me about your school. What exactly do you guys do here. And why were you wearing those colorful clothes back there?" Aang asks curiously tilting her head.

"Oh those were our hero costumes we were wearing! Here at UA we train to becomes heros. Some people who have quirks choose to use it for evil, so heros were created to stop them and protect innocent people who villains choose to harm," Uraraka explains.

"Awesome, so you guys are learning to protect people and keep peace in the world. Must be nice having more than one person responsible for that," Aang says trying to whispering the last part under her breath. But unfortunately, they all heard.

"What do you mean by that Aang?" inquires Tsu. The rest turn to Aang as well awaiting her answer.

"Um well. You know how Mr. Aizawa said that I'm what they call the Avatar from where I'm from. In my world, it's my responsibility to keep balance and peace between the four nations. I'm the incarnate of hundreds of Avatars before me. I'm the bridge between the physical world and the spirit world. What I mean by what I said is that it's nice that you all have more than one person that protects the world," Aang says looking down at her hands.

"Aang why don't you tell us about your world and your friends," says Mina with enthusiasm hoping to change the subject that seemed to make Aang sad. thankfully, at her question Aang immediately perks up, glad to talk about her friends that she's so proud of.

"Sure. Well first there's Sokka. He's a nonbender, but that doesn't mean he's not important to our group. He's an expert strategist. He's the one who came up with our plan to invade the fire nation. Oh- I should probably explain. In my world there are four nations: The fire nation, the Earth Kingdom, The Northern and Southern Water Tribes, and the Air Nation, where I'm from. People from each nation is able to bend either: fire, earth, water,or air," Aang says but is interrupted by Midoriya.

"But today it looked like you were able to control all four?" says Midoriya.

"That's because I am the Avatar, the only person capable of bending all four elements. Back to my explanation. The reason that we needed an invasion plan is because the world is at war with the fire nation. A hundred years ago the fire nation attacked the rest of the nation and began their take over. They wiped out all the water benders in the Southern Water Tribe and have just completely taken over the Earth Kingdom. The Avatar before me died before he was able to prevent the war. After he died a hundred years ago, I was born. Years after that the fire nation wiped out all of the air nomads in hopes of killing me before I became a fully realized Avatar who would be able to stop them. But what they didn't know is... that day, I ran away," Aang says pausing hanging her head low because even now she still feels guilty.