"Yeah, we can do that tonight before bed when it's just us." I said as I hit post on my phone.

kelleyohara: pizza and paint fights = a perfect night

We spent the evening with Erin and I could tell was watching us with intent but she had also been like that with any other girl I had previously introduced plus our brother's girlfriend when he had brought her home. None of her questions for Rachel were rude or invasive, I knew she'd save them for we she was alone with me and wanted to give me her real opinion.

Rachel was on the sofa next to me, leaning into my side as I had an arm wrapped around her. I could tell she was half asleep as the movie we had been watching came to an end and she didn't move.

"I think we need to head up to bed Erin. One of us can't seem to keep their eyes open." I said with slight laugh as Rachel tried to open her eyes enough to look awake.

"Nooo." She whined. "I wanna stay and get to know Erin."

"It's fine. We've still got tomorrow and Sunday. I probably should sleep too."

We all went up the stairs together, me practically dragging Rachel by the hand. I whispered for her to go get changed and climb into bed and that I would be there soon before I checked my sister was alright.

"You got everything you need?" I asked leaning against the doorway of the spare rooms my sister had chosen to stay in.

"Yeah I'm good Kel. We can catch up properly in the morning. You haven't planned anything for this weekend, have you?" She asked.

After letting her know we had the entire weekend free, I said goodnight and sauntered towards my own room. Being too lazy to get changed I kicked my pants off and slipped off my bra and just climbed into bed in my t-shirt. Rachel mumbled my name and I moved myself closer to her, ready to start, what at quickly become, my favorite part of the day. She rolled completely on top of me and let her head rest on my chest as I smoothed out her hair. I felt her body relax and all her stresses melt away at least momentarily.

I woke up as usual before Rachel did and after savoring some of her cuddles, I grabbed some shorts and made my way downstairs to make some coffee. Erin, having always been the early riser of the two of us, was already sat at my kitchen table, scrolling through her phone.

"Morning sis." I said alerting her to my presence. She looked up and smiled at me as I started the coffee pot. "You sleep okay?"

"If you ever get rid of that mattress, please mail me it. It is like sleeping on a cloud." She said with a laugh.

I made us both a coffee and sat down with her, allowing myself to wake up a little before jumping into conversation.

"No Rachel this morning?" She questioned.

"Rachel loves her sleep. She'll get up when she realizes my side of the bed is cold though. Dare I ask what you think of her or do I not want to know?"

"I don't know yet Kel. There's something about her." Clearly my face gave exactly what I was thinking because Erin continued. "Cool it- it's nothing bad, she just different. She calms you right down and I'm not saying it's a bad thing- I just don't think I'm used to this calm, affectionate Kelley."

"And you don't have an issue with her age? I mean she's younger than you Erin."

"You said yourself that you two are fine with it and I get why you worried but she seems to make you happy so I don't care."

"She makes me really happy Erin. Obviously, I still need to introduce her to everyone but I think she could be, you know, the one for me." I said knowing I had to really amplify how much I loved her if I wanted everyone to accept our impending marriage in the next couple of months. 

My sister gasped and brought her hands to her face. I would have worried about her reaction but I could see the smile behind her hands. I laughed at her, getting up to take some bacon and eggs out the fridge so that I could start on breakfast.

"Kelley Maureen O'Hara, are you going to propose to her?"

"Not so loud!" I hushed as I continued to prep the food. "She's only upstairs but yes, I really want to."

"OH MY GOD!"

"Erin shut up!" I heard the faint sound of the door upstairs closing and soft feet padding around. "Now you've woken Rachel up. Not a word of this when she comes down. Act normal, please Erin."

I knew my panic was only pretend as obviously Rachel was fully aware that we were getting married but I took a deep breath and busied myself making Rachel's morning coffee to keep up the pretense for Erin's sake. I went back to cooking the bacon when two little arms wrapped around my waist and body snuggled into my back.

"Morning baby." I said as I turned down the heat and turned around to face Rachel.

"I smelled bacon." She said as leant down and pecked her lips. "Good morning to you too."

"Eww that's enough of that. I didn't come here to spend the whole weekend third-wheeling you two." My sister said interrupting the moment.

"Actually, that's exactly the reason you came. You wanted to get to know Rachel." I handed my girlfriend her coffee and kissed her cheek. "It shouldn't be a shock that she actually liked me Erin." My sister didn't have a response but instead stuck her tongue out at me.

"Child."

A/N 

Sorry it's late but hey, least it's actually uploaded this week and we'll be back with normal Sunday uploads from now on.