She was still in the same clothes store I had left her in, looking at a little black dress on a hanger. I had already clocked some people watching me in the shop, people sometimes recognized me but tended to leave me alone. I made the choice to sneak up behind Rachel and wrap my arms around her tiny waist which made her jump out her skin.

"Now I will happily buy you that dress if it means I get to see you wearing it." I whispered in her ear.

Out of the corner of our eyes, we both could see a young girl taking a photo of us and I knew it would most likely end up on twitter within minutes. Fans need to learn to at least take the flash off if they want to be sneaky.

I loosened my arms hoping that Rachel wouldn't freak out as she had been enjoying herself when we were shopping but she completely surprised by turning around in my arms and placing her hands on my shoulders.

"You'll need to take me out somewhere fancy to wear it then."

-

We had finally finished painting the room white and were now sat on the floor waiting on my sister to text me and say she had landed.

"I've any idea- one final quiz before she gets here. Rachel, what's my favorite color?" I asked, a mischievous grin spreading across my face.

"I don't know, blue?" She guessed.

"Wrong!" I said and dipped the paintbrush in the white paint before painting a spot on her bare leg. "It's yellow."

"That's not fair. What was the name of the dog I had growing up?" She asked, sticking her tongue out at me.

"I met you last week- how am I meant to know that." She shrugged now wearing the same grin I had on moments ago. "He was called Timmy." I gave in and guessed.

"WRONG!" She painted a big streak down my cheek. "I didn't have a dog growing up." She was properly laughing now and it was such a gorgeous sound.

"Okay what team did I play for before Utah Royals?"

"Easy- Sky blue. My turn."

"Darn it, have you been googling me again?"

"Shush you. What's my coffee order? You'll need to know that, I love my coffee. Plus, we've been for coffee so many times already so you should know."

"Ahhh I should know it! I'm pretty sure you had a latte yesterday but you had oat milk."

She leaned forward and swiped another stripe of paint on my face. And then another spot. And then another.

"Oi, stop it you! What is it then? Tell me because I need to get it right if I want to spoil my girl."

"You not even far off it." She said laughing at my shocked face. "Double shot caramel latte with oat milk."

"You put that much paint on me and I was pretty much right. Speaking of spoiling you, I forgot, I got you a present."

I ran to the bags I got the two boxes out and handed them to Rachel who was still sat on the floor.

"Kelley! I can't have these. This is way too much!"

I ignored her pleas and went back to sitting on the floor next to her. Eventually she realized that I wasn't going to take them back and settled on thanking me and promising me she'd pay me back, which I ignored again.

"You're the best Kel, thank you so much." She said as she leaned forward and kissed my cheek, for the first time her actually initiating any sort of affection between us.

"Anything for you."

I pulled her onto my lap so we were facing each other and naturally, she wrapped her arms around my neck to keep herself up right while my own arms wrapped around her back. As we both only had on old shirts and shorts to paint in, I could feel her smooth tanned legs as she sat on my own. She leant forward and rested her forehead on mine and let out a sigh. This was the closest we had gotten, at least while we were both awake and for me it felt natural and I just hoped she felt at ease as well.

We stayed like that for a moment, me enjoying her presence, well until the door burst wide open, making Rachel jump.

"Oh shit! Didn't mean to interrupt. I'll be in the living room, come out once you're decent." She said with a grin. "Oh, and I'm Erin by the way, the better O'Hara sister."

She let out a loud, obnoxious laugh before shutting the door and leaving us alone again.

"Ready babe?"

A/N

Trying to move the story on a bit- hope this is what you are wanting???

Also stupidly shut the tab and logged out without a clue what my password is and now waiting hours for the password recovery email thingy so we'll see how that goes