book two

Hey Jane you’re late said Jim one of the schools news paper representatives.

I know Jim, I’m sorry I had to …….

Please Jane spear me the torture of listening about your boring journey. Jim said coldly cutting her short

Well you don’t have any damn right to ……..

Hey Linda look  a sit Jane said while covering Linda’s mouth.

   They sat and chatted casually, waiting for the man destined to meet Jane’s supposed pen.

Oh , there he is ; Jim said as he lead them to a beautifully grey furnished office.

Hi sir I’m Jane and this is my friend Linda.

I’ve heard much about you welcome. He said sitting down for a second

The student council sent me, we were supposed to have the interview today sir. Jane coughed smiling with her eyes darting around the floor. She smiled even more when her eyes noticed he was wearing a $200 000 worth Susan Bennis shoes. Her eyes darted back to the professor’s face, he had nice cheek bones, he looked like he was in his late 50’s.

I’m really sorry miss but our appointment was over 10 mins ago and I have a meeting to attend he said as the stood up and walked towards the doors.

But I can have the meeting rescheduled, Jim would send you the address.

             ******************************
Jane!! Jane!!! Linda screamed

Oooh what in heavens name is going on Lu? Jane asked looking at Linda who never knocked but was already half way down her room.

We should celebrate!!!! Linda screamed

Okay!? So what are we celebrating Jane asked.
You of course, you and the article you’re writing.

Come on Linda you know I was late.

Yea right …. I just want a drink come on babe please

No Jane replied

Please? Linda begged you might meet someone.
Okay I’ll get dressed and met you up.

   Hi Lu Jane said to Linda who was standing out side the bar. You didn’t have to wait up for me.

Whatever Linda replied would you grab us a drink I want to meet up with daisy.

Okay Jane answered walking to the bar section.

  It was a big club and one of the most popular there in Abuja, Mike always brought me here she sighed. Mike was her ex boy friend they had been dating since early college. He was her first love and he broke her so bad that she decided that love wasn’t for her.

Hey can I get two bottles of Spring bank whiskey, and ice please.

“You don’t look like you drink” whispered a male voice behind her.

So you’re going to hit on me with the drinking is a sin line? She asked sarcastically rolling her eyes and turning to look at the unlucky stranger behind her. 

Holy sky it was David, God why the hell is he there? Standing in front of me smiling. That smile should be illegal. She thought.

So you’re stalking me now? She managed to say after repossessing herself.

This is my favorite place I come here most of the time, can you say the same. He asked with a grin.

Well w…h..en  you put it that way no I can’t say the same Jane stammered its just I didn’t expect to see you hear. She lied.

But I, am here he said smiling in amusement. That’s quite an expensive bottle you’ve got there I see you have good taste. He added.

I guess. She said shyly.

Jane came from an average family and couldn’t afford such luxury if not for Linda who loved to spend money on unnecessary things as she would call it.

Hey its stuffy in there you want to go out and catch some fresh air? He asked politely looking into her eyes.

Yeah I would love to but………

There you are you were taking for ever Linda said…….And wow who do we have here, its prince charming  Jane. Linda laughed turning to David.

Hi Linda David smiled extending his hand for a hand shake.

Linda wave’s it aside and hugs him. OMG he remembers my name Jane.

Yea why wouldn’t I? even if I try to your loud voice keeps ringing in my head . David whispered trying to free him self from her grip.

Awwwww she replied with a hint of sarcasm in her voice. You should buy us a drink, you will right? Linda asked

Actually I just got a text from my dad and it kind of really urgent, so I guess I’ll just see you guys next time.

Its fine replied Jane.

Okay then run along daddy’s boy. Linda teased.  

You can’t do that Linda. Jane scolded you’re dating James.

“ you’re dating James” Linda mimicked

Linda always seemed to have every thing her way. She came from a wealthy home and was nonchalant about almost every thing. James was her fifth boyfriend this semester. And she was also a people’s person.

Ha not funny Linda. Jane replied with a French accent. Its late I think we should go home.

Okay. Linda  replied.