2

Yanyan's POV:

We were a couple minutes away from Amber's so I called her.
She immediately picked up. "Are you almost here" she said in a worried voice. "Yes Ber I'm pulling in front of your house" I said and parked the car.
"Okay uhm what's your name" I asked the guy next to me.
"Joseph" he responded. "Okay Joseph I need you to do something for me in return for me saving you" I said and he nodded.

"Could you get on the roof of the car and catch both of my friends that I'm picking up" I asked and he nodded "they are girls and fragile so be careful" I opened the sunroof and he climbed up onto the roof.
I had a very high car so it wouldn't be such a drop but I didn't want anyone getting hurt so I figured he could repay me this way because I definitely could not catch them.

Amber's POV:

"Come on Carla they are here" I said and pulled her upstairs. We grabbed our bags and opened the window to the roof. I stepped out first and saw a guy standing on top of Yanyan's car. When he saw us he smiled.
"Come on jump down I'll catch you" he said smiling reassuringly.

"Carla go first" I said and she nodded. Carla moved to begin getting down to his level. She got to as far as she could go down and jumped. He caught her and helped her into the car.

"Okay now my turn" I said quietly to myself and took a deep breath. Truth be told I was actually afraid of heights. I lowered my body down and jumped. The guy caught me and helped me into the car then he got into the car himself.

"Okay home" Yanyan said and started driving. "How about you guys get to know each other" he said and sighed deeply. I could tell he was scared for his life, he was good hiding things but I could tell and I knew Carla could too.

"Well hello my name is Joseph your friend here saved me from a couple of zombies" the guy that we now know was named Joseph said. "Wow Yan that was nice of you to do rather than just watching him die" Carla said.

"I can't let innocent people die it hurt me when I saw the fear in his eyes and I saw an opportunity so I took it" Yanyan said and we were suddenly back in his garage. Time goes by fast when your talking to a new friend I guess.

Yanyan's POV:

"Okay let's barricade the house more so we can be sure nothing gets in" I said in a confident voice but in reality my hands were shaking as I said this. Amber noticed but didn't say anything she just looked worried into my eyes.

I led them all inside and closed the door to the garage and locked it even though it was impossible for anything to get into the garage it was for safety reasons. I turned around and locked eyes with Joseph. I politely smiled and headed off towards my room. I sat down on my bed and ran my hands through my hair out of stress. I felt like crying but I didn't want to seem weak to a person I just met so I took a deep breath in and got up again.

All I knew was that living like this was going to be hard.

A/n had a lot of motivation to write so two chapters in one day hehe