The Iron Curtain

It was 6:05 PM in the evening. Everything was quiet and dead at one particular shipping facility. It was condemned to hell and there was no point for anyone to swing around to visit. Not a lot of people were around at the moment and it was best any pedestrian is around for what's to happen.

One large bulky APC leads a bunch of armored vans in a single file line. Inside the APC was a group of ten armed police officers, specifically the New York SWAT Team.  One muscular man with thick white hair slips on his helmet and takes a deep breath out. He's the officer in charge of the dangerous task at hand, Sergeant Oliver Borovic.

It's not usual for someone like Oliver to get where he is with not just the hard work and dedication to uphold his duty as a cop of New York's finest. He was born in America from parents who immigrated to the country from Russia. He decided to pay back the better life the country has given him and his family by joining the NYPD Swat. He's the one in charge of a massive raid on the crime syndicate.

He slips a phone out from his pocket as it rang. He looks at the number before answering it quickly. He needed this call. It was from a man inside the operation.

"You sure that's where Hammerhead's guys are moving the stuff?"

"Yeah, he plans to get it shipped out tonight. The boss is out of town, having fun." An Irish accent rings out in a hurried tone.

"Bold move for someone to leave their luggage unattended." Oliver grinned. "Even for someone like spider-man. Is it his birthday today?"

"No, its in a month from now. He hired a special mercenary to handle spider-man in case he shows up." The informant replied. "I haven't seen him, but I heard he has a large body count. Anyways, the boss is making me leave my post. I have to go now."

"Sure. Stay safe."

The call ends. Oliver pockets his phone and begins speaking to his troops as they get close to the target building with a tough and clear tone.

"Our intel confirms this site is where Hammerhead is moving some illegal merchandise and they don't know their party is about to crash. However, they aren't lazy." Oliver pulls the blueprints of the building and starts marking it up with an electronic marker. "It's likely the don is going to give us resistance once we break in. We'll come sweep them off their feet."

"We'll split up and breach through these entry points. Legion squad will take the rear and seize the armory. Praetor and Trojan squad will cover the shipping areas to make sure no one flees with the stuff. I'll be leading Phalanx through the front and grab anything we can get from his office. Achilles squad will cover us as snipers."

"You're not counting on Spidey to help out?" One swat officer asks.

"Just focus on our mission even if Spider-man swings into action." Oliver gives a light grin and pulls a plate of steel folded up tight on his arm.

"You have a lot of faith in that, sir." Another chimes in.

"It'll keep us alive, trust me." The Russian American notices the van approaching near the target building. "Lock and load! It's show time!"

Suddenly, Oliver and his team hold onto their seats as the convoy screeches into a halt. The van got dark for a few seconds. The team lock and loaded their weapons before the inside of the van lit up green. Oliver pushes the doors open and steps out of the van with the rest following suit.

Oliver steps out up to the gate of a large shipping docks. One officer hurry forward and cuts the lock off the handle with bolt cutters. Oliver hurries to the front and presses a button on his ballistic shield. The shield folds out to cover Oliver from view with a thick layer of steel. Three officers huddle up behind Oliver with a pistol drawn. Two more shields join up with Oliver as he kicks the gate open.