“True. Thank you, Harri. You really seem to have an insight into this Veela thing,” James said and Harri laughed.

“Yea, I’ve known about my mate since I was fourteen. I know all about the Veela stuff. I only completely came into my inheritance four months ago. George and I have been together for a long time, but we still find out new things about each other. Everyday is a new adventure. Sometimes, I think that being a Veela sucks, being overly attractive and having people ogle me. But, then when I have my mate look at me...it’s the best feeling. You’ll understand that one day,” Harri assured him and he nodded as the blonde grabbed her papers and left him sitting against the tree, staring at the lake.

Harri had given him a lot to think about and she was happy. Maybe she was the guiding force that got her parents together. She was walking up the path back to the school slowly, she didn’t have any classes for the rest of the afternoon and wanted a little bit of a break before she tried to apologize to Lily again.

“Harri!” A voice hissed from her left. Harri spun around and was face to face with Severus Snape, who had a book clutched tightly in his arms. 

“Hullo,” she greeted casually. She and Snape had been getting alone swimmingly, at least when none of this Slytherin friends were around. When they were watching he was cold to her. Harri didn’t think much of it. She knew that it took a lot to survive in Slytherin.

“What were you doing talking to Potter?” He questioned with a glare. Harri rolled her eyes.

“He wanted some advice, so I gave him some. You don’t really have any say in who I can and can’t talk to, Sev. Is there something you needed?” Harri replied and he nodded his head with a concerned frown on his face.

“Some of the Slytherin’s have decided that they want you to join the Dark Lord...and if you say no, they plan on capturing you and selling you, as a play thing,” Snape warned her and Harri’s eyes went wide. She gripped the papers in her hands tightly. The Slytherin looked guilty and she assumed that he was going to be in the group that was going to try to take her away.

“You do realize that I’m going to fight, right?” she asked and he opened his mouth a few times, but found he couldn’t answer. He seemed shocked that she wasn’t angry at him.

She gave him a gentle smile and a comforting pat on the shoulder. “I’ll see you later, alright?” she said before she walked away, eyes darkening significantly. No doubt she was going to have to prepare for a fight tonight.

“You aren’t going out anywhere by yourself. I don’t care if you have to see your mate,” Sirius snapped protectively. Harri was sitting in the common room with the Marauders, minus Peter, who was mysteriously absent.

“Look, they’re going to attack me at some point. I might as well get it over with. The longer I’m away from George the weaker I’m going to become. It will literally be easier for me to take them down tonight then wait a few more days,” Harri explained and James nodded, understanding. 

So, they came up with a plan to sneak out right before curfew, hoping that the Slytherin’s would have gone back to their common room, so she could see her mate. Right before the small group got out of the common room a voice came from the top of the stairs. “Where do you think you four are going?” Harri cursed softly. Lily was on the top of the stairs, with her hands on her hips looking angry.

“Look, Evans, the Slytherins threatened Harri and she needs to see George otherwise her magic will weaken. We didn’t want her leaving by herself. So, either we stun you or you come with us,” James said and Lily blinked a few times. James had never given her a choice to come with them before.