Chapter 1: Demons, Trouble, and Mess

Mulai dari awal

"My aim has been off balance lately. Maybe I can get a little practice in today," she smiled. The crow instantly shut its mouth and flew to Tanjiro's side, as if the boy carrying a demon around was the safest person to be near. Tanjiro noticed the crow and pulled Zenitsu's sparrow, out of literal thin air to give the crow a buddy to chat with. On the other hand, Tomioka was eye-balling the knives that the insect hashira had pulled out.

They appeared to be made of the same material as the knife hidden in the sole of her shoe. Coincidentally, that was the same exact knife that almost pierced his forehead if it weren't for the announcement passed around by all the Kasugai crows. (Lol, if you watch the series RWBY, you'll understand that the main character's uncle is named Qrow so I feel like Imma make a whole lotta errors with that. Also, did you know? A group or flock of crows is called murder while a group of ravens is known as unkindness? In addition, in certain traditional beliefs, if 6 crows land together, than they symbolize death. Imagine that in Demon Slayer. Doesn't sound too odd, right?)

Kanao noticed her master's malice intentions and reached out to pull lightly on her butterfly patterned haori.

"Master," called the girl.

Tanjiro turned his head to see Kanao; gazing at her face, he picked up tints of worry. The red eyed boy smiled but soon blushed as Kanao turned away from Shinobu to look at the path ahead. Their eyes meet for a second until Tanjiro pulled his gaze away and quickly turned around. What he didn't realize was that Zenitsu had suddenly stopped, so the two ended up colliding. From there, the chain reaction began, Kanao seeing everything happen in slow motion due to her sharp vision.

Tanjiro and Zenitsu turned into a ball of bodies and the two tumbled into Inosuke. Obviously, unexpected, the boar masked slayer was knocked off his feet and the trio ended up as a bundle of corpse rolling down the slanted path. Finally crashing into a tree, they were all beaten up, adorned with scratches and cuts.

"Oww," mumbled Zenitsu from beneath Inosuke. Tanjiro was spiraled out next to the two as he grumbled, "Sorry."

Everyone in the walking group stopped to get a good look at the scene before them. Kanroji, Shinobu, and Iguro were all stifling a laugh while Kanao and Tomioka went to help them out. Kanroji finally let a small giggle slip which caused the whole entire group to burst out in laughter instead of Giyuu. Even Kanao couldn't help but scuffle as she helped to pull Tanjiro off the ground.

The contact of their hands caused the two to enter a noticeable blush. Flustered slightly by embarrassment, Tanjiro laughed out loud with everyone else. Suddenly, an abrupt, 'Mft!' caught each slayer off guard as Nezuko crawled out of the box Tanjiro uses to carry her in. He took off the box and placed it on the ground as he watched Nezuko's actions.

Evidently upset for being startled from her sleep, Nezuko gave off a slight pout but was quickly distracted when Zenitsu called out her name.

"Nezuko-chan! Gomen!" Nezuko looked at Zenitsu, clearly not understanding a work he said, but she approached him and gently pat the top of his head. This made the lightning slayer smile wide, seemingly forgetting that he had just been toppled by Inosuke and Tanjiro.

"Ara-ara," said Shinobu as she walked to Tomioka's side. She lightly poked Tanjiro in the back before saying, "Watch where you step next time. Your lucky none of you broke a bone before a battle."

"Yeah," Zenitsu muttered, an aura of jealousy smacking him across the ace as he saw Tanjiro and Kanao still holding hands; AND STILL PLAINLY BLUSHING IN FRONT OF EVERYONE!!!!!

Shinobu noticed his resentment to Tanjiro and poked him in the side as well. "You too Zenitsu-san. Why did you stop so suddenly?"

Zenitsu turned to face the path again as he said, "I thought I heard a scream coming from up ahead."