the atmosphere between them is quiet but surprisingly not awkward, maybe even a bit more tense since both of them have things to apologize for but they still dislike each other. no one knew who should speak first but is not that afraid to start the conversation.

"senior-"

"hey-"

they both said at the same time, now making the atmosphere awkward. eunbi coughed while moon bin averted his gaze. eunbi saw this and decided to talk first.

"i apologize for calling you catface, senior. thank you for interfering with the situation earlier and for the slushie" eunbi said with a faint smile. moon bin's gaze wandered over eunbi's face, coming back to her eyes. to be frank, he expected to hear the opposite of what she said since sinb is quite feisty but then he remembers, she likes him. the letter, duh. she could've refused his offer to stop by for a drink but she just followed him and before that, she said yes when he asked her if he could take her home. she was quiet and shy, probably blushing (he didn't bother checking because she might get embarrassed again) on their way home.

it's ms. sinb's lucky day today. moon bin thought, almost smiling to himself. yes, because there is a reason he wanted to take her home. he cleared his throat before responding "it's my turn then. i'm sorry for humiliating you earlier, sinb"

eunbi nods, finding it slightly weird he calls her by her username. "apology accepted, ...?" she trails off, indirectly asking his name. moon bin sets the slushie on the table and stretches his arm to her for a handshake, he hides how surprised he is behind a smile when she asked his name. surprised at how good she is at acting.

"moon bin, call me moon bin" the boy introduced himself. "hwang eunbi." eunbi shook his hand and quickly takes her hand back from the handshake, what a way to have skinship with me, as if he doesn't know my name. she avoids meeting his gaze and moon bin didn't and just kept smiling at her. look at this tsundere, she must be dying inside. then he also looked to the side with an annoyed look.

there was a moment of silence between them, only the wind passing by whispered to their ears and the water droplets began to form on the surface of the cup. each second goes to waste and eunbi straightens her posture, eager to get home as soon as possible. she looks at moon bin again. "senior moon bin, why did you offer to take me home?"

moon bin crossed his arms and leaned back on his chair, scrutinizing the girl's behavior before sitting back up again. he rest his cheek on his palm and said "i'm agreeing to be your pride boyfriend"

eunbi is taken aback and was speechless for a couple of seconds, was she right? did he really like her? what is this? why is he suddenly agreeing? she composed herself and breathes deeply, closing her eyes. when she opened them again, moon bin saw her fierce and confident gaze. "i knew it, you really like me" she smirked at him.

"no, i don't like you, eunbi. i just agreed because i'll be taking you home from now on and people will think it's normal if they know i'm your boyfriend. plus, you want to restore your so-called image and get to be with your crush. you can stop denying about your feelings for me, i'll allow you to act like my girlfriend." moon bin smiled at her like how an arrogant and fake rich man smiles to a peasant. eunbi felt her blood boiling, this man. she glared at him and leaned forward. "what are you saying? i don't like you! if i did then i should know your name by now."

"don't glare at me, eunbi. you already know my name but pretended not to because you want to stay anonymous" moon bin argued back.

"i'm popular, if i like you i don't have to stay anonymous and just confront you"

"which you did after the humiliation earlier, schemer"

"what?! who is the one here who suddenly offers to take me home?"

"it's to protect you"

"what, am i going to be eaten by a monster?" eunbi said and made a face while putting her arms up into the air. she swung both of her arms frantically and mocked moon bin "aaaaaa, save me. a monster is eating me! oh, good and noble sir, please!" she sticks her tongue after at moon bin who is now irked by her behavior. heol, does she really think i'll like her after that? moon bin cringed and shook his head.

"did you just forget what happened to you earlier?" he said with a serious tone.

eunbi backed down and the angry expression she had on her face disappeared, replaced with a blank one. she leaned on the backrest of the chair, dazed. she repressed that memory and yet.. 

moon bin's eyes softened at the sight,  but he does not regret bringing it up again to her. she has to face it, that the next time the guy tries something funny again, she won't be able to fight back. for pete's sake, the girl was being dragged helplessly and only regained some of her strength when she got to rest behind his back. moon bin knows they are no friends for him to suddenly act like her bodyguard and change his schedule but he couldn't help it. he just felt like, he needed to be there for her. whoever that dude was, he is obssessed and this might not be the last time he will attempt to harass her again.

eunbi acknowledged his intent and why he is doing this. her friend yewon has to go to the hospital immediately after dismissal and just studies at home thus why she's always alone. the next time the guy tries to assault her again, it might be sneakier and she might not be able to fight back. eunbi can fend for herself but she's neither a naturally strong woman nor someone who knows martial arts, that man is still stronger than her. she appreciates moon bin's concern but wonders why he would go to such lengths for her. even if he has a crush on her, it's still hard to put yourself in harm's way for your crush.

the fresh soft wind ruffled the branches of the trees around two people who has weird feelings for each other. both of them dislike the other but suspects that said other likes them. despite the bickering and the conspiracies, one is surprisingly concerned and one is surprisingly grateful.

"thank you but why would you do this for me?" she said, a bit concerned and curious.

"i don't know either but i just have to." he replied.

eunbi caught herself staring into his eyes with a soft expression and snapped back to reality, finishing her slushie and leaning forward as she puts the empty cup on the table. with a determined and proud look on her face, she smiles at him.

"let's take a couple picture then, boyfriend."

-

-

-