But he was still treated like a saint! The nerve of him gritted down on Mark's usually controlled emotions.....

So what if he's decent at sports and looks good? If people knew he had sexual dreams and projected them onto me, would they still like him this much?

His angry yet thoughtful mind-rant ended at the sound of the bell. God, that very noise was the symbol of freedom and bliss for any other prisoners of school, or otherwise known as; the students.

The screeching of chairs against the old and worn tiled floors along with the scuffling of black dress shoes escaping the room were all but drowned out by the excited chatter and laughter of teenagers.

Mark waited for the others to leave before standing and tiredly sliding his books off the square desk and into his hands. He hardly noticed the number covered soft back that was slammed onto his desk as Donghyuck quietly left the room as well.

So it was true, Mark couldn't help but scoff, grabbing it and adding it to the small stack in his arms. He didn't really need it, he just wanted to get me in trouble or something.

Outside, he could see that it had started to snow. The nippy cold air escaped through the weak and aged windows, making the entire building quite chilly. There were no radiators, since the principal believed in 'toughening up' the youth. In other words, he was too much of a cheap bastard to pay for central heating.

He trailed out and noticed the hall had calmed down with only a few boys walking back and forth with leisure towards their respective classrooms.

"What's my next class?" Mark muttered, checking the schedule he had glued into the journal he tracked his homework in. "Shit....it's physics."

Physics was by far the worst of all his subjects. Not only was he surrounded by ass sniffing monkeys who only joined because they thought 'oh, physics is a science? Can we blow things up?' But also, his lab partner was Lee Donghyuck, and he too was pretty good at sciences and used every effort to rub any mistake Mark made into his face.

Before the ravenette was even aware, his feet had walked him to the dreaded labs. It was really a room once used for a mighty telescope that was now homed in a museum, transformed into a more hazardous room containing shelves of various solutions and elements.

There was one sink to share, many desks holding safety measures like gloves and coats, as well as the typical chalkboard at the front.

Yes, this castle like school was still very backwards.

"Well," Donghyuck chided while standing and leaning against their shared table, "Ready to burn our gloves again?"

Mark scoffed, dropping his books neatly to the floor under the wooden surface and sliding his jacket and gloves on. "I didn't realise it was zinc, okay?"

"Because you're stupid."

"Because it was labelled wrong!"

"Nah, it's because you can't tell one chemical or element from another, Dumbass."

"Alright everyone, let's get back to where we left off last time," their old and, if honest, crippled looking teacher called. He had the tattiest grey beard adorning his sharp and aged face along with decreasing height issues all thanks to his bad back.

Mark's oh so kind partner had made many jokes about him 'willing to date that' and 'totally gay for weird old men'. Donghyuck seemed to find his sexuality funny more than anything else. He could poke fun at him for that and his many other personal attributes all day.

If the older mentioned he liked a certain series, he was insulted. If he explained his feelings on global warming, insulted. Even a mere word referring to a classmate lead to him being insulted. It was downright hard dealing with the younger.

But it didn't matter, because nobody else joined in. The rest of his year, also including the seniors he roomed with, had absolutely no problem with Lee Mark. He was a nice, genuine, friendly boy with insomnia. How he was known for that, the ravenette wouldn't never work out. But the main point was that Donghyuck never looked for help, more so enjoyed annoying him on his own.

"I'll get the solution we worked on if you grab the apparatus," Donghyuck instructed, walking off to do as he explained.

Mark too complied with his instructions, waiting in the line of boys collecting the glass and metal instruments.

"This looks like a flame thrower!" One of them cheered, holding up a corded device and scaring everyone around him.

"Put that down, you stupid boy!" Their teacher yelled, still alive for probably the one purpose of dealing with this class.

I can't wait to graduate, the teen thought with a small pout, leaning his weight on one leg and gazing ahead. I hope being an adult is better than this....

─────── • ❥ • ───────