The Beginning

What does it take to be a ruler? Money? Power? Or something that others don't possess? I've been studying and practicing the proper ethics of being a princess, and soon to be preparing for my coronation in seven months

I will be taking my father's throne to subside the new system for the new generation of Solis, yet, I am still not quite sure if I fit in to take the crown myself as queen.

"Put your hands up," Lady Odette said as she watches me measured by the tailor unto my waist. There will be another royal dinner for the next three days, and everyone's busy preparing for a certain event in the kingdom.

"Do I really need to attend this royal event?" She gave me a nod and slightly opened her mouth.

"It's your father's invitation, and all of his children will always be part of the ceremony, especially you." She explained and I turned around when the tailor told me.

After taking measures, they left the room and all of the maids were able to undress me, to took a bath myself. I wore my silk pajamas and before I could go out of the washroom, I saw Aldous's figure.

"Hey," Lumapit siya na may dalang bandeha (tray) at mayroong tsaa ito. Inabot niya sa akin ang isang tasa at nakita ko ang berdeng likido. Naamoy ko ang matamis na aroma ng tsaa at panibago ito sa panlasa ko.

"Ano 'to?" Tanong ko sa kanya.

"Matcha, galing iyan sa isang mangagamot at sabi niya, mas mahimbing ang tulog mo kapag ininom mo ito." Paliwanag niya. Napatango naman ako at humigop ulit.

"Kumusta ang paghahanda?" Biglang tanong niya dahilan para magsalubong ang kilay ko. Bumuntong hininga ako at pinatong ang tasa sa bandehang hawak niya.

"Ayoko pumunta sa royal dinner," Ngumiti naman siya at ginulo ang buhok ko. "Hoy!" Natawa siya at umiling.

"Hindi papayag ang hari na hindi niya makasama ang panganay niya sa hapagkainan," Bulalas niya. Si Aldous ay kababata ko at kaisa-isang anak ni Lady Odette. Matagal na kaming magkaibigan, siya ang lagi kong nakakausap sa mga pagkakataon na hindi ko ito maibahagi sa iba.

Alam niya ang saloobin ko. He was the best friend that I ever needed.

"And besides, you still need references for future queen purposes. You're not yet done attending Royal Classes under my mother's advisory, hindi ka pakakawalan 'nun." Natatawang saad niya at siniko ko naman ang sikmura niya.

"Naalala ko si mama," biglang sabi ko. Napatingin ako sa bintana kung saan huli kaming nagkaroong ng masasayang oras kasama si mama.

"She was a true queen herself, serving her people with pride, honor and above all elegance. She never fails to amaze people with her wit and wisdom, as if she was a goddess." She was the queen that no one deserves but needs.

Tinapik ni Aldous ang balikat ko st ngumiti, "You will be able to rule Solis as yours, in your own way, and I believe you will be a legend, Your Highness." I shrugged.

"Thank you but, I will strive harder to reach my aim." Will I ever rule Solis as better as my ancestors? Or is it the other way around?

---
a slow burn fantasy
Started: June 10, 2020
Finished: December 5, 2020
Taglish— Tagalog-English