"So did you guys, ya know?" Pope asked rubbing his hands together.

"Reconcile our differences? Not even close." Kie said. Emery could tell that it had worked just by how they were acting. I mean she was a girl and she understood what they were doing, they were tricking the boys.

"But, we're willing to work together." Sarah asked almost as a question.

"Good enough for us, right boys?" Emery asked, winking at Sarah and Kie to show them she knew what they were doing, both of them smiled and winked back

"All right you guys ready to jack someone up?" John B asked.

✰✰✰✰

They had all gone home for awhile and prepared and changed for sneaking to get the gold under Mrs. Crain's house. It took longer than they had anticipated as it was already turning dark, but that was probably a good thing for them.

"So we got rope? Grappling hook?" John B asked.

"No we don't have a grappling hook." Emery said as if he was stupid, which he was.

"Ya we're not batman." Pope said agreeing with Emery.

Not much later they were pulling up to the stone wall to Mrs. Crains house still crossing off their checklist items.

"Let's get to it." Kie said hopping out of the van.

"Wait, wait. I wanna say thank you guys for being here. It means a lot to me." John B said creating a sweet moment.

"Always." Kie smiled.

"Enough with sappy poguemance let's get some freakin' gold!" Emery said hopping out of the van.

"Let's go get that wheat in the water." Pope said falling Emery.

"Weed? I'm up for some weed." JJ said already a little high.

"No JJ wheat. Wheat." Emery said as JJ walked up to her putting his arm around her. Both of them had decided not to tell the group about what happened until they had found the gold and both of them had a real conversation about it. All of them quickly hopped the stone wall and walked to the house.

As they got closer to the house motion detector lights turned on causing the panicked teens to hide behind a bush and yell at one another to turn of their flashlights.

"Okay so. She has motion censored lights." Pope said.

"Maybe we could uh move really slowly." JJ suggested.

"What?" Sarah said confused.

"You just gotta get used to his stupidity Sarah." Emery said shaking her head at him causing Sarah to laugh quietly.

"That's not how it works." Pope said looking to JJ.

"Oh let's throw a rock at it." John B said.

"And I thought you were smarter than him." Emery sighed putting her head in her hands from frustration.

"That's a really good idea actually, yeah let the axe murderer know we're here." Kie sarcastically said.

"Okay well do you guys have a better idea?" John B asked.

"Literally anything, but that." Kie said. Emery could see JJ speak about about to re-suggest his idea again.

"JJ not that either." Emery said putting her hand on his mouth, resulting him licking it and her pulling it away in disgust.

"What about the breaker? In the circuit box on the porch. We used to play hide-and-seek here as kids and if we were brave enough we would go all the way up to the porch. I've seen it." Sarah said giving a valid plan.

"No No you're not going into the house alone." John B said.

"Watch me." Sarah stated.

"Crain chops people into pieces." JJ reminds us.

"So she's what, 85? She's probably barely kicking." Sarah said not backing down from her idea.

"I'll go with you." Kie said.

"Same here. I'm not being left alone with these idiots." Emery said.

"Uh No you're not." JJ said grabbing her hand.

"Uh yes I am." Emery said.

"No just stay here." JJ said pulling her down.

"No JJ. What the heck? I'm going." Emery said pulling her hand out of his, angry that he was telling her what to do. She could do it if she wanted and he couldn't tell her no.

"Okay let's go." Kie said.

"Hey. Be safe." John B said, mainly to Sarah. Emery and Kie looked at each other and made gagging faces. JJ realized how controlling he was with Emery and how much it hurt for her to pull away from him so harshly. He avoided eye contact with her and brushed it off for him to later apologize for.

"She must have a generator that's connected to her main power supply." Sarah said in front of Kie and Emery leading them.

"Dang this is creepy." Emery said walking up the stairs to the porch.

"Where are the breakers?" Sarah asked.

"What so this?" Kie asked confused like Sarah.

"Guys. It goes into the house." Emery said following the line that led inside. They all walked to the metal creaky door and opened it all cringing at the loud noise it made. Luckily the main door was unlocked and they could walk inside looking around for the power.

"Bro we found it." Emery smiled as they walked over to the box on the wall.

"Hello." Sarah said walking over and turning them all off.

"What was that?" Kie asked as she heard a loud creaking noise coming from somewhere else in the house. The three of them pushed themselves up against the wall.

"That's not. That can't be her, right?" Emery whispered freaking out. Neither of them replied which freaked her out even more.

"Shit." Sarah whispered.