twelve

he moves closer to me again, and even dares to rest his fingers on my bare knee, his touch strange against my skin. "come on, let's get out of here. who cares about your boyfriend?" he says, a sly grin on his face.

i whip my head around to face him, my mouth wide open in shock. i shove him off of me, stumbling to my feet and dusting off my short skirt as i stand before him, my arms crossed.

"you..." i slur, pointing my finger at the boy accusingly. "a-are a... perverted asshole!" i glare down at him, reaching over to flick him in the forehead, and i feel weirdly satisfied when he recoils back at the sting, glowering up at me.

"come on!" he whines, standing up with me. i inwardly groan when i realize i have to look up at him because of how he towers over me. "pretty girl like you deserves one hell of a night."

"not with you." i grumble, narrowing my eyes at him. i hear a honk from behind me and i turn around to see a car with a college-aged girl driving. one that fit mike's description.

i smile and quickly pull out my phone to send a quick text to mike saying that his sister is here, and after clicking send, i look back up at the boy in front of me.

"that's... my boyfriend!!" i say pointing backwards and grinning up at him, feeing very accomplished.

he looks to where my finger is directed and he narrows his eyes at the car.

"that's... a girl." he says, contorting his face in confusion as he looks back down at me.

"my boyfriend." i say firmly, drunkingly nodding before i whirl around and start stumbling to the car.

just before i reach it, i turn around and stick my tongue out at the boy who's still staring at me, feeling like the action was necessary.

"you're a bratttt!" i call out as i wrench the car door open and half collapse into the seat, sighing in relief. i pull the door shut and squint at the girl beside me, expecting her to say something.

instead, she laughs, starting the car and beginning to back out of the driveway.

"are my ears broken, or did you just call me your boyfriend?"

i laugh loudly, her words seeming incredibly funny to me. i tilt my head back onto the headrest and i look at the girl beside me, nancy, admiring her curly hair and the long eyelashes i can see from her side profile.

"you're prettyyy." i mumble, squinting to look at her better. "i guess... pretty genes run in the family!" i exclaim, grinning at nancy.

i can see nancy's jaw fall open slightly as she flicks her eyes to me for a moment before redirecting them to the road.

"you think mike is pretty?"  she says, her voice incredulous.

we stop at a red light and nancy shifts slightly in her seat to look at me, her lips stretched into a knowing smile.

"wait, wait, don't answer that yet." nancy says abruptly as the light turns green and she starts to drive again. "i need your address or i might just drop you off at walmart."