Monster or no monster, he really did have a heart.

~~Peter's POV~~

Is it bad that I felt a burst of heat flood to my cheeks when I wrapped my arms around her?

I kept pondering on about it, until I felt half of my body-weight jabbing in her foot.

"Peter, your left, my right!" She gasped, nearly collapsing to her foot.

"Sorry, my bad," I apologized with a grin.

The rest of the time we were dancing, I couldn't help but notice how the sunlight reflected off of her face. To be honest, she looked like an angel to me.

Did I really just think that? What is wrong with me.

I swung her around a few times, receiving giggles and laughter as I pulled her back in. Whatever this... "waltz" is, I have to admit. It was fun.

The wind stopped blowing against the pipes, so altogether, we paused our dance.

"What did you think?" Amber smiled, snapping me out of my thoughts.

Recollecting myself, I smiled and leaned in. "I thought the waltz," I mentally praised myself for getting the name right, "was absolutely extraordinary."

She took a step forward, beaming, "you really think so?"

I nodded, resting my hands on her shoulders. "Now," I said, dragging the word out. I saw the familiar curiosity spark in her eyes, that was my signal. "Last one to the canopy of this tree is a rotten pine sap!"

Without giving her a chance to speak, I whipped her hood over her face and made a dash for it. She clawed it off and scowled, making a bee-line towards me and the tree.

I was already half-way up the tree when I turned around to see how far she's come.

And to my surprise, she's nearly right behind me.

"You're going to pay for this!" She laughed as her footsteps appeared closer and closer until...

Snap.

Her face froze in mid-scream as she made an effort to grasp onto a nearby tree branch. Slowly, her fingers loosened and she slipped.

I guess you can say, she started free-falling to her death.

I sighed. Welp. Time to go save the damsel in distress.

I flew down, barely wedging myself between her and the forest floor in time. Catching her in my arms was the easy part, but dampening her fall was beyond painful.

The air got knocked out of my lungs, but other than a few fractures, I was okay. The magic healed myself fairly quickly.

But it was the position that I landed in that I enjoyed the most. I collapsed on my back with her on top of me, almost too paralyzed to move.

"Nice one," I coughed.

"Shut up," she groaned, but in her tone I could hear a smile somewhere.

Her head darted up and found herself nearly straddling me. I gave her a genuine smirk and watched as a blush spread across her face.

"You know," I added, "I'm glad you didn't die today."

She shook her head and rolled off of me. "That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me, Pancake," she joked sarcastically. "It means a lot to my heart."

I have her a slight bow. "You're welcome."

We gathered our breaths under a massive willow tree, it's branches swayed in the wind peacefully.

She rested up against the trunk while my head was spread across her lap. Playing with her hair, I took a deep breath.

"I think I'm going to call you something different," I decided, and glanced to see her surprised reaction.

"Why?"

"Because you're not really... feisty, although I may call you that sometimes to calm you down," I smiled.

She grinned back, "okay, so what will my new nickname be?"

Twirling her hair through my fingertips, I gave her a long look. "Isn't it obvious? The way the sun shines around you, your personality, your everything," I paused as our eyes made contact before continuing again.

"You're just radiating innocence everywhere, you keep your morals before your actions and you also-"

"What are you trying to say?" She interrupted with a grin.

I sighed, "you're heavenly, Angel."

Her smile widened as a blush warmed her face. This time, she didn't try to hide it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is currently 1:27 am in the morning where I am at right now. It technically counts as Christmas morning.

Vote and comment for more✔️

Merry Christmas,
~Katie