Chapter 36- Ragnarok

Começar do início

Thor stood up next to Destiny, yanking out the harpoon and dropping his sword.

"No, we know. But he can." He said while pointing towards the palace.

At that very moment, the palace exploded, with the gigantic Surtur bursting through, increasing in size.

"No.." Hela muttered.

Valkyrie used this distraction to plunge her Dragonfang straight into Hela's chest. Thor and Destiny both used their powers and fire it straight into Dragonfang, causing a section of the bridge to collapse underneath Hela. The three of them turned towards the gigantic lava monster that was wreaking havoc on Asgard.

"Tremble before me, Asgard, for I am your reckoning!"

"The people are safe. That's all that matters." Valkyrie said to Thor and Destiny.

"We're fulfilling the prophecy." Destiny said.

"I hate this prophecy." Valkyrie stated.

"So do we but we have no choice. Surtur destroys Asgard, he destroys Hela so our people can live." Thor explained. "We just have to let him finish..."

Before Thor finished his sentence, they spotted the Hulk, leaping straight towards Surtur, ready to try and smash him.

"No..." Destiny muttered.

"Hulk, no! Stop it you moron!" Thor shouted angrily.

In the distance, Surtur grabbed the Hulk with his hand and hurled him straight onto the bridge. The Hulk stood up angrily, ready to attack the fiery monster again.

"Hulk, stop! Just for once in your life, don't smash." Destiny yelled.

The Hulk turned to her.

"Big monster." He pointed out.

"Let's go!" Valkyrie exclaimed.

Hulk grabbed the three Asgardians and leaped all the way to the massive ship. Once inside, everyone watched out of the window until Surtur dove his sword straight through Hela and through Asgard.

"The damage is not too bad. As long as the foundations are strong, we can rebuild this place. It will become a haven for all people and aliens of the universe..." Korg rambled.

Before he could finish, the entire realm blew up to pieces, with nothing left.

"Nope. Those foundations are gone. Sorry." Korg concluded.

Thor and Destiny stared out into space, looking at what once was Asgard, but was now nothing.

"What have we done?" Destiny questioned.

Heimdall approached the window.

"You saved us from extinction. Asgard is not a place. It's a people." He stated.

A few minutes later.

Destiny's POV:

I sat down in the captain's quarters, still cleaning my staff and fixing up a few minor injuries. Nothing was going to be the same for me, especially now that the place I had spent my whole life at was now gone and I was now blind out of my right eye. I stood up and approached the mirror on the other side of the room, standing right next to Thor as I examined the massive scar across my face. Thor was also now fixed up and his missing eye was covered up with an eyepatch that we had found. As I glanced in the mirror, the sight of Loki standing behind us caught my eye.

"It suits you."

Thor and I both turned around to look at our brother.

"Perhaps you're not so bad after all, brother." Thor said.

"Maybe not." Loki replied.

"If you were here, we might even give you a hug." Thor added.

After saying this, I picked up a random soap dish and threw it straight towards Loki, believing it to be an illusion of him, until Loki caught the soap dish in his hand.

"I'm here." He assured us.

We smiled and each wrapped our arms around Loki, who I don't think particularly enjoyed the hugs but said nothing about them, and we left the room to approach the front of the ark, where the citizens were crowded around, and Valkyrie, Hulk and Heimdall stood at the front.

"Your throne." Valkyrie presented when we approached.

I glanced back over at Thor, and he reluctantly and hesitantly sat down. Loki and I joined the others.

"So, King of Asgard. Where to?" Heimdall asked.

"I'm not sure." Thor said before glancing towards Korg and Miek. "Miek, where you from?"

"Oh, Miek's dead." Korg said. "I accidentally stepped on him on the bridge. I've felt so guilty I've been carrying him around ever since."

As Korg finished explaining, Miek suddenly wiggles back to life.

"Oh, Miek, you're alive. He's alive everyone. What was you're question?"

Thor turned to me and smiled. I knew exactly what he was thinking and I was deciding the same thing.

"Earth it is." He stated.

The ark then began making its way through space back to Earth.

***

Thor, Loki and I were all staring out the window, into space as we traveled through space to Earth.

"Do you really think it's a good idea to go back to Earth?" Loki asked us.

"Sure. The people on Earth love us. We're really popular." Thor explained.

Loki paused for a moment, before speaking again.

"Let me rephrase that: do you think it's a good idea to bring me back to Earth?"

"Probably not, to be honest." Thor replied.

"But I wouldn't worry brother." I said as I patted his back. "I'm sure everything is going to work out fine."

I smiled as we all stared back out the window, moments before all three of our smiles fell as the massive shadow of an enormous ship peered right in front of ours.

A/N: Sorry for the extremely late update. I was really busy with stuff like school and it was difficult to keep up with school and stay motivated enough to finish this chapter not to mention I had a bit of writers block while writing this part. But anyway that's the end of Thor Ragnarok but now I will (when I get to it of course) be able to start on Avengers Infinity War so that will be fun. Anyway that's it for this chapter. Peace out!

A/N 03/19/2022: Despite the numerous deaths in Avengers IW, it's actually one of my favourite movies and look forward to editing that part.