Christmas Party

“Oh! I forgot the Mistletoe!”

“You're going to put Mistletoe as decoration..?”

“It was Shinohara's idea.” She replied, smiling.

“Do you need help hanging it up there?” Yoshiki asked.

“Why, you think I can't reach it alone?” Ayumi shot him a sideway glare.

“No, no, that's not it!” He put his hands up in defense.

“I can reach up there by myself, perfectly fine, Kishinuma-kun.”

Yoshiki sighed and leaned back against the wall.

“If you say so.”

Ayumi sighed. It wasn't only that she hated her length and how she couldn't reach the place, but what she hated even more is admitting she did need Yoshiki's help for this.

“Kishinuma.”

Yoshiki opened one of his eyes at hearing his name.

“Hm?”

“I need you to help me with this.” She muttered.

Yoshiki chuckled and made his way over.

“If you can just hang the Mistletoe up there and-”

Ayumi stopped talking and shut her eyes when she felt her feet leave the ground.

“What are you doing?” She squeeked, still shutting her eyes.

“I'm helping you hanging the Mistletoe. I don't know how long I can lift you this high so can you hang it already?” Yoshiki replied, turning his face the other side.

Ayumi reached out and managed to hang the Mistletoe on the place she had in mind.

“Okay, it's hanging, can you please put me down now?”

Yoshiki slowly put her back on the ground and Ayumi let out a relieved sigh.

“Thank you, Kishinuma-kun.” Ayumi said with a smile, and she glanced up to see the Mistletoe hanging on the place she had in mind.

As she rolled her eyes down again, a realization struck her.

“I'm standing under the Mistletoe with Kishinuma.”

She glimpsed over to the boy in front of her, who probably noticed this fact as well, seeing as a shade of red covered his face and he turned his eyes away, rubbing the back of his head akwardly.

“Well, it's the tradition and it sure won't do any harm..” She pondered to herself.

“Alright.” She whispered, barely noticeable, as she stood on her tip-toes and placed a light kiss on Yoshiki's cheek.

Yoshiki felt his heart pause at the soft, warm touch on his cheek and he turned his head.

“S-Shinozaki?” He blinked sheepishly at the girl in front of him, who's head is redder than a tomato by now.

“Merry Christmas, Kishinuma-kun.” Ayumi said with a slight smile forming on her lips, herself being kind off proud of the action she took.

“Y-Yeah... Merry Christmas....” He said, brushing his hand over the spot where her lips touched his cheeks.

“I guess I'll see you tonight at the party..?” She inquired, looking up slightly.

“Y-Yeah, I'll see you tonight at the party.” Yoshiki replied.

“Great...” She said, biting her lower lip.

“Shinozaki, are you alright, you're really out of it?” Mayu turned her head slightly.

“Y-Yeah, I'm totally fine.” She made a hand signal, brushing the worries away.

Satoshi chuckled.

“I thought you didn't want to come and that you wanted to have a good rest before you had to work tomorrow, why did you come anyways?”

“No reason. Just thought it'd be a nicer night if I came to the party instead of sitting in my living room by my own.”

Satoshi raised one eyebrow.

“You sure you don't have a reason? Are you sure that, maybe a certain girl, didn't convince you to come?”

“S-Shut up.” Yoshiki stuttered.

“And speak of the devil, look who are coming this way.” Satoshi poked his friend.

Yoshiki looked up and saw Naomi coming their way, followed by Seiko and Ayumi.

Ayumi was wearing a black dress that reached over her knees and she had her hair tied up in a ponytail.

“Hey, guys!” Naomi waved at them cheerfully.

“Hey, Nakashima.”