A Hero's Banquet - Todoroki x Reader

"Shouto, I don't know if I can wear something this expensive..." I said as I looked myself up and down in the mirror. "May I come in and look?" He said as he was standing outside of the dressing room. I walked over and opened the door to let him.

He walked in looking down and then locked the door. When he turned to face me, he just stopped. He was simply staring at me with a flushed face. "You look... Amazing.." He spoke softly before walking over to me. My own face flushed as he then grabbed my waist, "I still don't think that I should be wearing a dress like this. I think that it's too much"

He shook his head and then pulled out his father's credit card, "I got it covered. There is nothing to worry about." I gave him a look of disapproval. "You know how I feel about you using your father's credit card to get me stuff." He shook his head once again, "My father is throwing this banquet that we are going to. He said to use his card to get anything that I want or need. And I need you to be there with me, and I want you to wear that when we go."

"You really want me to wear this to your dad's banquet?" I asked as I turned to look at myself in the mirror. He nodded and placed a soft kiss on my temple, "Yes, you look absolutely stunning." I sighed and looked at him. "I suppose that we'll go with this one."

I began to pull the zipper down on my dress until I realized Shouto was still in the dressing room. "Shouto, could you please leave the dressing room?" He was just standing there staring at me. I stepped closer to him, "Shoto, can you please leave the dressing room so I can change back into my regular clothes?"

He nodded but not before he looked me over once more. He smiled and kissed my lips before promptly leaving the dressing room. I shook my head with a smile as I slipped off the dress and gently hung the dress on a hook after putting it back on its hanger.

I slid my clothes onto my body and then slid my shoes on. A good note when trying clothes on, wear shoes that are easy to put on. It always helps. After I put my shoes on, I walked out with the dress hanging over my arm. Shouto walked over to me and kissed my cheek, "Let's go pay for that."

I was surprised by the sudden kiss, but I wasn't going to take it for granted. Shouto showing PDA either means that someone is eyeing me or that he is feeling extra lovey-dovey. I wasn't going to argue with either one of those. It just shows how much he cares about me.

We walked up to the register and there was a guy around our age and I could tell that he was keeping his gaze towards me. Shouto began to pull out his father's card as the guy leaned closer to me, "Hey. You're that girl from the sports festival, the one with that flashy quirk. You can make portals? That's so cool and it doesn't hurt that you're gorgeous too."

I gave a sort of awkward laugh as Shouto slammed his father's card onto the counter. "The dress will be all that we are buying." The guy's eyes went from flirtatious to scared. The guy realized who Shouto was. "Oh! You're the one that made second place at the U.A. Sports Festival! Is this your girlf-" Shouto cut him off after grabbing my waist, "Yes, she is. Now if you could ring up our purchase that would be great."

The guy finished ringing up the dress and handed it back to us in a bag. "Thank you! Please come again!" He said as we left. I politely waved back with a smile while Shouto had yet to let go of my waist.

Even after we had left the store, Shouto refused to let go of me. "Shouto, were you jealous when we were in there?" I asked as I slipped his hand around so that he would then hold my hand. He didn't refuse the hand-holding, SCORE!

"Perhaps. I didn't like how he was looking at you." He said as he gently squeezed my hand. "Are you upset that I got jealous?" He asked, now looking a little nervous. I shook my head, "Of course not. I think it's adorable." He gave a soft smile as they made their way home.

I invited Yao-Momo to my house the next evening so she could help me style my hair. "You're going to look so gorgeous for Todoroki-kun!" She said as she curled a piece of my hair. I gave a soft blush. "You really think so?" I asked before she gave a confident nod.

She gave some final touches to the make-up on my face. "I think that you are good to go!" She exclaimed before the doorbell rang. I could hear my mother's voice from the first floor, "Y/n! Todoroki-kun is here. I'll have him wait by the stairs for you." I smiled as Yao-Momo gave me a thumbs up. "You got this! Go get your man!"

I smiled and playfully waved her off as I made my way out of my room towards the stairs. I carefully tread down the stairs, not wanting to break my ankle while wearing my heels. I could see Shouto waiting at the bottom of the stairs. Once the two of us made eye contact, our gazes didn't look away from each other.

I felt my foot wobble on one of the last steps and I could feel myself fall. But then that feeling stopped when I realized that he had his arms around my waist. "You look even more beautiful than you did in the store, and everyday."

I felt my face heat up and I placed my head on his chest. "Thank you Shouto." He placed a kiss to my forehead. "You're welcome. Now let's get going. We don't want to keep my father waiting." I nodded and we both waved goodbye to Yao-Momo and my mom.

We walked out of my house and got into the limo that was waiting for us. We sat down and I saw Endeavor. I bowed the best that I could while in the sand, "Thank you for letting me attend, Endeavor-san. It's an honor." He nodded his head, "You're very welcome L/n."

"Hey!! L/n-san! How you doing?" I turned my head to see that Hawks was also in the limo with us. "Hello Hawks-san. I am doing well. I am very glad that I get to spend this time with Shouto." I said as I held Shouto's hand.

Shouto gave my hand a comforting squeeze as we drove to the banquet. I could see that Hawks and Endeavor were mumbling something to each other. I didn't know what they were saying but apparently Shouto heard and his face flushed.

"Is everything okay?" I asked him. He nodded, "Yes. Don't worry about me." I placed a kiss to his cheek. "Okay then." He smiled as he scooted closer to me. We all sat quietly for the remainder of the ride.

When we finally arrived, Shouto stepped out before me and helped me out of the limo. He was treating me like a princess. Which was sweet. He was like a prince in his own way. The two of us linked arms and walked towards the entrance of the building with Endeavor and Hawks in front of us.

As we were about to step into the banquet, Shouto looked over to me. "Are you ready?" I nodded. "Let's go then." He said after placing a soft kiss to my lips.