The Story (Part 2)

Comincia dall'inizio

He was choking me.

I started to cough and gasp for air as my vision went blurry after a few seconds. He was really strong. I wrapped my hands around his neck as well, in order to push him away from me.

That fight for dear life lasted for about a few minutes. I did not let my grip around his neck become loose. After another couple of seconds, I saw his eyes becoming wide out of the blue before he let go of my neck and...

Collapsed on the ground.

I finally breathed deeply after that long time full of torture. I immediately kneeled down next to him. I started to try and feel his pulse, but...it was not there.

The man went completely pale and I started to seriously panic. I was trying to do anything I could to make him show just a simple sign that will let me know he is still alive.

But nothing worked.

I... I killed my best friend.

3 hours later

-Honey, I am home!- I announced as I came through the door.

-Hey, darling, how was work...- She stopped. Why did she stop?

-Bill, what happened! You look really pale like you have just seen a ghost!- Sarah shouted before running towards me and cupping my face in her hands.

-S-Styles died.- I mumbled with a sttuter. Suddenly her eyes widened and her jaw dropped.

-What?! Bill, when did this happen?!- She asked me out of pure shock.

-Today at work. He stopped by at my office and he just....collapsed on the floor. I tried to do something to make him show that he is alive and well, but nothing worked.- I said in a broken voice.

I felt really ashamed of what I did. I was not going to let my dear Sarah find out about how horrible of a man I am.

-That is horrible! How did he die? I mean, do you know the cause of his death?- Sarah spoke and I shook my head in response.

I feel horrible. It is like I am turning into some kind of a criminal. I just feel so dirty and evil. But I...

I don't think I really hate it.

I mean, Styles was actually never a good friend of mine. He never tried to help me out when I was in struggle for money, so I had to do it myself.

He actually...did not treat me like a friend.

So why should I treat his family like friends of mine if he never did the same for my family? Why should I care about them? Why should I care about anyone?

But still... I am really broken about what happened to him. I seriously am shattering at the thought of his death.

-Daddy! You came home!- I heard Emma and Cameron exclaim right after they stepped out of their rooms. They came to me and jumped into my arms.

Both of them were probably expecting of me to hug them back with a biggest smile ever, but I actually was not happy.

-Daddy, what is wrong?- Emma asked right after she took a single glance at my face. She is actually pretty smart for a ten year old girl. It is a real miracle if you happen to trick her. That is one of the reasons why I really love her, aside from the fact that she is my own child.

-It's nothing, honey. Daddy is just tired from work.- I said, trying to mask my broken soul.

-Oh, poor daddy. You can have lunch with us and then go to sleep.- Cameron spoke and I nodded my head. He is really thoughtful.

Actually, both of my kids are turning into kind people with pure hearts...and I am turning into the complete opposite of that.

I think that is the real difference between kids and adults. Children are always so kind and innocent, while adults are capable of doing really bad things that can affect them and their loved ones.

-Alright, guys. Did you wash your hands?- Sarah asked them and they both widened their adorable hazel eyes before running to the bathroom. I let out a chuckle and walked into the dining room.

I hate myself.

______________________________

A/N: Woah! You guys this is getting really intense. But...this will all affect our lovely couple and you will all find out about it in the next chapter.

Vote and Comment please!

All the love,

ElenaKostic xx