Prologue

March 14 2003

Yeh Shuhua as Zhong Chunhua

The cries of the baby filled the tense atmosphere of the operating room, everybody sighed in relief as the operation was a success.

The nurse placed the child in the sink, letting the lukewarm water hit the baby's soft skin washing off the blood of her small body.

The midwife took the baby of the nurse to dry the little girl.

A smiled crept on the lips of the nurses inside the operating room even though it wasn't visible due to the surgical mask covering half of their faces.

"Here is your healthy baby girl! " the young nurse exclaimed while handing the fully awake bundle of joy to her mother.

The nurse then left to give the family of three, let me rephrase that, the family of four.

"She's beautiful " the young Zhong Jia stated while caressing the soft cheeks of the baby.

(Idk the names of Chenle's parents)

"Mommy why is shwe cowowed wed? " a two year old Chenle babbled, but was understood by his parents.

"Because she just came out of your mom's v-" Zhong Tao was cut of by the slap of Jia's left hand.

"Don't you dare finish that sentence" she threatened Tao while glaring at him.

Earning a giggle from the plump lips of their new born causing the couple and the pouty Chenle to stare at the baby with awe.

"Why don't we name her Chunhua"

"Oh my her eyes are so pretty! " Jia stared at the pastel mint and baby pink orbs of the three month old Chunhua.

"Wait why are they two toned though? " Tao asked concerned by the fact that his three month old daughter has two shades of orbs.

"The doctor said that she has heterochromia, a rare disease in where the childs eye are in different colors" Jia answered while rocking the baby in her arms.

An 'oh' left Tao's lips.

"I guess she's one special bean"

"Am I special papa? "

"Ofcourse Chenle both of you are special "

"Yay! "

"Tao get the camera she's walking! " Jia screamed in excitement as she saw their little bundle of joy stand up.

Tao came back with the camera in his right hand focusing on the little girl walking little by little.

Nine month old Chunhua giggled as she crossed the room and stumbled into her mothers embrace.

" Ma......ma......Pa.....pa? " the twelve month old girl babbled causing the couple and the three year old Chenle to stare at her with amusement.

"Mom! Dad! She's talking! " Jia grinned as she focused the camera on the babbling baby.

Jia's parents came in a split second not wanting to miss the infant talk.

The baby then stumbled towards Chenle placing her small hands on the older's cheek.

"Che-chenwe? " the younger said causing everyone's heart to melt.

The baby then went to her grandparents to make their heart melt again.

"Gwannie? G-g-g-gwanmpa? " Everybody was now in awe seeing the baby try.

April 3 2008

"Tao call the ambulance Chunhua's having a hard time breathing! " Jia yelled at her husband while helping their daughter who was panting due to the lack of air.

They finally arrived at the hospital rushing Chunhua to ER.

The doctor then came to them with a gloomy expression.

"Mr. Zhong, Mrs. Zhong, we have bad news we took a few test on your daughter and we found out she has Cystic Fibrosis, this is a common lung disease in Caucasian people, in which the body generates very thick sticky mucus that causes problems in the lung, pancreas and other organs, but what makes it even harder is that this disease is Rare in Asian countries, she'll need to be sent to the states to get treated , but for now she'll need to be confined, so that her state won't worsen " the doctor announced to the couple.

The couples face turned white while tears rolled down Jia's Cheeks.

January 5 2014

"Mom, after this transplant can I finally go outside? " eleven year old Chunhua asked hoping after her transplant she'll be able to play just like the others.

"Ofcourse baby"