Chapter Sixty: Service

Start bij het begin

" I'm sorry." Lucas apologized, and I looked up again, seeing all of our faces were sad.

The silence was broken by the front door slamming open and causing us all to jump. I turned in Carl's arms, watching a group of men storm in with smirks on their faces. Carl and I were quick to grab our guns and aim at the men, hearing one of them chuckle.

" Easy there, Bonnie and Clyde." He snickered.

" Who the hell are you?"

" Who do you think, bitch?" The man chuckled." Negan said he'll be back soon."

My body tensed, and I could feel the gun slightly tremble in my hand at the news that Negan was here. The one thing on my mind was little Judith at home sleeping. Did Rick secure her already? Was she safe? The Saviors began to flip the infirmary upside down, knocking things around and breaking the glass to get the medicine rather than opening the cabinets.

" Hey!" I shouted when a Savior bumped into my taking the ointment from the table next to me. A gunshot echoed through the room, and I jumped, looking to the three seeing Finnick had shot the ceiling with anger on his face.

" Put our stuff back!" He growled." Or the next one goes in you!"

All of the Saviors began to laugh at the four of us, taking our bravery for humor. My finger curled around the trigger when Rick sprinted into the room, standing in front of us scared. He was scared at what we were doing and shook his head, begging.

" Carl, Maya, put it down." He addressed, turning to Finnick next." Finnick-"

" No." We all declared, staring at the Saviors in front of us.

" Of course." A deep voice laughed, and I felt my body stiffen, hearing it right next to my ear. Peeling my eyes away from the savior, I turned, seeing Negan enter the room waving Lucille around." Oh-ho. Really, kids?"

" I don't have the energy to pretend to like you today," I admitted narrowing my eyes at him." You should go. Before you find out how dangerous we all are."

" Well, pardon me, sunshine. Excuse the shit out of my goddamn French, but...did you just threaten me?" Negan asked, and I laughed.

" Sorry, sarcasm falls out of my mouth like stupidity falls out of yours." I fired back, gripping the gun in my hand.

Negan dryly laughed," Look, I get threatening Davey here, but I can't have it. Not him,, not me-"

" Maya, just put it down. He has-"

" Don't ruin the surprise, Rick. We are having a conversation here." Negan warned, gripping Lucille in his hands." Now, girl, where were we? Oh, yeah. Your giant, man-sized balls. No threatening us. Listen, I like you given that you're my family, so I don't want to go hard proving a point here. You don't want that. I said half your shit, and half is what I say it is. I'm serious. Do you want me to prove how serious? Again?"

Family. I mentally wanted to throw up at Negan calling me family, but I wasn't sure why he even said it. We were not family. He couldn't just storm this place and call us all family.

" We're not family." I sneered, causing Negan's smile to widen.

" Oh, but we are family. Speaking of family, say hi to your daddy." Negan snickered, nudging his head to something behind me.